Tonka Truck new member

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonka Truck

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Craig newbie here, I am looking forward to learning all about my 2018 series 3 D23 Navara King Cab as it is my first 4X4 and first Nissan. I want to make some mods along the way and I think the best way is to chat with the guys who have done the mods. Cheers Guys

Attachments

• IMG-1226.jpg
    IMG-1226.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
Hi Tweak'e,
Yeah, twin turbo model. Not sure how much better it is, if it is, as I don't have anything to compare it to. I have never owned a 4x4 until this one. Had a 2019 Mini Countryman John Cooper Works that was turbo and 225 kilowatts. It was a HSV eater. I would like to get a dyno tune to get the best out of this Navara but I want to get a good exhaust and bigger intercooler before that. I am sure there is a lot of power to be unlocked.

i have 2016 mod twin turbo auto have towed 3 tons with it i can still pull at 100klms / going up hills between wang.melb. ballarat. These utes arn''t the best stoppers with a load.
Once when wet, i had the arse end swing out accellerating up a hill out of traffic lights. Has plenty of power as standard.. Had to put in 2inch (plus 300kg)higher rear coil springs(new pedders still sagged when i connected trailer) so in went , air bags , tough dog adjustable shocks .. 1 carry 750kgs plus in tray all the time. Left the front as is, (new shape of bonnet) makes vision just in front of vehicle impaired compaired to my old d22 4x4, i still havnt got used to it. Havnt put in catch can or blanked off egr.. 2018 model you should still have WARRANTY ,dont jeopadize this by modifying parts on engine, do your engine mods after warranty runs out , Chech with your insurance what they allow you to do , most have fine print ifs . Fitting Oil catch cans may blow out rear seals,dont know if this is related to impropper fitting ,fixing this on an auto one will cost about 2 grand. Your money is best spent on service ,Changing timing chain when recomended. and keeping good rubbers,Alternate your wheels every 10th klms.(if you get non directional tyre you can flip the tyre , particaley front left..Extra high lift kits chop out your front tyres if not done properly , exellent recomendations on this forum of guys who have solved this problem

Latest posts

Back