To STX or STR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My STX has an issue with the rear suspension, despite my use of a Hayman Reese load leveller. Dave and I were looking at it and it seems "flat" - went around to Nissan and it seems that "straight" leaf springs are the go.

While I don't think that's the most efficient way to suspend a vehicle, it probably does make for a softer ride.

D22 is the same. I cant understand that with no load on the back the standard leaves sit flat. Softer ride? No way!To spring they have to invert. This is no doubt contributing to the harshness of the ride in ours and cant wait for the new springs to be fitted

I have low profile (305/35R24) tyres on my D40, it rides really well even with those tyres and nothing in the back. No problems with rough ride, or at least no rougher than any other leaf sprung ute.

However, one would think that flat leaves wouldn't have much travel for off road articulation

I love the D40 mainly cause of the size and that i have a growing family.. plus the power is unreal!! and its simply a nice looking truck

power wise on top of its class i reckon..128kw 403nm...dances for a diesel!

parking and turning circle bit of pain tho..

oh welcome btw!

Thanks for the replies, I see the STR seems to be the most popular. My main use for the Nav will be beach four wheel driving up and down the WA coast, nothing to extreme. Just would like to get up around exmouth and beyond. So maybe an STX would be suitable.

Again the STR does appeal to my wallet but going from my car yard experience of a new STR, I just dont fit in the drivers seat without my head trying to put a whole in the roof.....will have to check out the older models.

Cheers

Isn't that the truth ... I've found it's much easier to reverse the beast into a parking spot.

Considering the size of the car I don't find the turning circle a huge issue, the steering is a bit heavier than any other car I've driven too but that's also to be expected.

But as far are turning in and out of car spots I'd rather do it in the Nav the my old mans Crewwie, The Crewwie is a bit longer than the Nav and due to it's height means the canopy is useless to look through but compared to the Crewwie my Nav is a breeze to park.

So taking this comment with the one in the other thread about your beer drinking when are you upgrading?

After spending the amount of money i have on the car not any time soon.

And if you think your turning circle is bad now then i highly recommend you DONT fit a solid front end in, its a shocking turning circle compared to the ifs.

After spending the amount of money i have on the car not any time soon.

And if you think your turning circle is bad now then i highly recommend you DONT fit a solid front end in, its a shocking turning circle compared to the ifs.

Beer and cars, is there anything else money should be spent on?

Don't know about Nissans, but i know the RA rodeo's had a known problem to do with the electronic 4X4 engagement. A few owners i know went up the beach, then when they went to go home it wouldn't switch back to 4X2. Also had a couple who's Rodeo's did the opposite (got bogged in 4x2 on construction sites in the wet, went to engage 4X4 with the button, and...nothing). But then again, nissan has been using this system since the Old late 90's pathfinders, so should have ironed out any problems by now

Firstly stop talking about knobs, its not pleasant sounding. lol.
I also spend my money on trying to finish renovating my house, 5 years now and still going. But its getting there.

So the reverse is true in some cases, big things amuse small minds too.

Latest posts

Back