To move her on or not

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antiskeptic

Reaction score
Hey all
I own a 2010 d40 312000 on the clock and has been a great vehicle always serviced on time, only ever done a clutch and alternator. Now I am after opinions to try help me make my mind up. Do I go ahead and do a timing chain and injectors that need doing whilst the rest of the motor is in great knick at a fair cost and hope I'll get a lot more years out of it or is it getting too long in the tooth and I should take that money along with selling my d40 and look at upgrading to a d23. I own this vechile and I am a scrooge so forking out in the best way possible is what I am trying to achieve.
What would you guys do?

Can't tell you which way to go, but personally, I am keeping mine as long as I can.
The way I see it, spend a few grand to keep it running, or spend a whole lot more on a D23

Can't tell you which way to go, but personally, I am keeping mine as long as I can.
The way I see it, spend a few grand to keep it running, or spend a whole lot more on a D23
More what I am leaning on, I love my nav. I'm hoping if I do the work and continue to maintain and love her I should be able to get 800k out of her maybe

My 2009 D40 has 380,000km on the clock and the timing chain is in great condition, as are the tensioners and guides. Not looking to replacing them, and hoping to get at least the same amount of life again (so, 700K+).

I may have a "Wednesday build" though.

More what I am leaning on, I love my nav. I'm hoping if I do the work and continue to maintain and love her I should be able to get 800k out of her maybe
I don't see why you couldn't make her last that long.
Take care of the known weak points and you shouldn't have an issue.

My 2009 D40 has 380,000km on the clock and the timing chain is in great condition, as are the tensioners and guides. Not looking to replacing them, and hoping to get at least the same amount of life again (so, 700K+).

I may have a "Wednesday build" though.
Hi Tony.
How do you get your timing chain tensioner s etc checked?

I've had several mechanics take a listen with a stethoscope and they informed me that it sounded like it was all in good working order. After a coolant leak and a decision to replace the head, the mechanic was asked to closely examine the chains and tensioners to see if there was any issues at all so that they could be replaced while the engine was apart.

He confirmed that the chains and tensioners were indeed in good condition, and even asked me if I'd had them replaced within the last 50,000km to which I responded by telling him he was the first to see those chains since the engine was assembled 360,000km beforehand.

Latest posts

Back