Time to move on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sundowner2

Reaction score
Fellow Navaraites....it is with some sadness that I must advise it is time for us to move on....our D40 is gone to someone else. We owned our Navara for about seven years, it was a repossession and had done just 11'000 km, by the time we traded it we had travelled just under 100'000 km, we have not had to put a spanner on it in that time, other then regular servicing with the single expensive thing being new brake rotors.
Our Navara took us to Fraser Island as well as numerous trips from our SE Queensland home to Southern Victoria to North and Outback Queensland. Our 2 tonnes Jayco was hooked on the back for 47'000 km. When we first brought it I thought I had made a mistake when I read of all the negative comments, from poor handling, lack of power, timing chains breaking left right and centre, slack 4x4 performance and just about anything else that could go wrong...we found almost totally the opposite, that vehicle gave me the utmost confidence and I would not hesitate taking it anywhere.
Our total fuel consumption average for the 98'000 km is just 15.7 L/100km, I am quite happy with that.
However, everything of course wears out and despite still having a lot of life left in it we found the current used vehicle shortage to be a great advantage, dual cab 4x4 utes, in good condition, are currently in short supply, we were offered a trade-in deal we would be foolish to pass up.
We hope the new owner's have as good a run as we had. The new vehicle, a Mitsubishi Triton, has big shoes to fill.
So, this is my final posting to this forum, I'd like to thank all for the information and assistance I have received on here over the years and I wish everyone adieu and seasons greetings.
Paul
Lockyer Valley,
Queensland.

Just because you don't have your Navara any longer, you can still visit and enjoy the trips and trials of the remaining members.

Latest posts

Back