Time to bite the bullet on real main seal / new clutch . . .

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think there is a little indent on the dipstick tube for the o ring. You slip it over the tube first afaik.

Can't help with injector seals, never done them on this particular motor.

Think there is a little indent on the dipstick tube for the o ring. You slip it over the tube first afaik.

Can't help with injector seals, never done them on this particular motor.

yeah there was no indent or anything on the tube itself and it wasn't big enough diameter to fit over so dropped it in the hole 🤷‍♂️

so it was diesel leaking not oil, i would have thought that if its injector leaking the engine would be misbehaving ,could it be rocker cover gasket if the area is clean and dry you may see where the oil is tracking. i had an oil leak on a b250 tractor external hydraulic pump ,cleaned it up changed an oil seal on delivery pipe , still leaked so i dried it up sprinkled some dry dust on the pump and sure enough the leak was on join just beside oil line. My mate had the same problem with his fiat tractor took it to local garage they tried the same fix, he called me to go have a look .so i went in the mechanic gave me a weird look when i sprinkle some dirt on the pump ,untill he saw where the leak was comming from. i am just a bush mechanic.. getting back to removing inject do a search on youtube you can get some advice on stuck injectors etc, if its late model car the computor may not like you removing injectors. my 1998 d22 was easy i have old type injector lifter. my 2007 ssangyong was a cow the leaking one was stuck, i had to make an attachemnt for my air chisel gun to act as vibrator, and make an overhead puller using 1 inch thick piece of plate took me one hour to carefully pry it out .

I’m not sure if I missed what motor it was or didn’t read the posts properly, injector seals do leak oil I have done mine when I did a full rebuild on the yd25, Nissan do not sell them as spare part but had them in my rebuild kit, so I went to change them and cracked the plastic rocker cover anyway, so I bought a new rocker cover from Nissan and it comes with the seals fitted, from memory it wasn’t all that expensive maybe $150

On the bright side Richy you don’t have to worry about the clutch or rear main :)
izzi got a good point … easiest Way I found is to wash it clean,use some dust or a dirt road and I always fell and smell what’s leaking, gear oil, engine oil and Diesal all smell and feel different
I would think that the dip stick rubber would fit over the dipstick tube otherwise it will disappear in the hole….
good luck with the injector, yell out if you need a hand only around the corner :)

On the bright side Richy you don’t have to worry about the clutch or rear main :)
izzi got a good point … easiest Way I found is to wash it clean,use some dust or a dirt road and I always fell and smell what’s leaking, gear oil, engine oil and Diesal all smell and feel different
I would think that the dip stick rubber would fit over the dipstick tube otherwise it will disappear in the hole….
good luck with the injector, yell out if you need a hand only around the corner :)

That's right buddy pretty happy with the new clutch no more shudder on pull away and gear changes feel much smoother. So I degreased the whole engine pretty much and washed it down with a high pressure hose several times and its blatantly coming from the injector seals / pooling up on top of the inlet manifold.

I would of thought there would of been a groove or something on the dipsitck tube but there wasn't and the diameter of the o-ring wasn't large enough to fit over but the right fit to seat in the hole so 🤷‍♂️ I hope it doesn't find its way in!?

Whereabouts are you buddy? I'm up near Seymour . . . it should be a fairly straight forward job or it looks that way from one YouTube clip I've watched . . .

Latest posts

Back