Ticking sound on start up and when you turn it off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MISH98

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2010 nav st-r which I’ve had for about a year and a few months of having it this ticking sound came about when you start it and would only last 10-20 seconds and would happen when you’d turn it off for about 10-20 seconds then would stop, dose not happen when driving, coming from the engine, runs smooth otherwise, anyone have any idea?

It could be the heat shields. It won't be the injectors or anything else that only moves with the motor (like the fan, water pump, turbocharger etc) because it's happening 10 seconds after the engine has stopped. It could also be the air conditioning system moving vanes around, try turning the fan to position zero and see if it still does it.

Unless you've got a Nissan Service Leprechaun stuck in there and he's tapping away on the firewall with a 10mm spanner to let you know he's there. And if he is, please tell him I want my 10mm spanner back, it's gone missing again ...

Latest posts

Back