Throttle body wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decca4

Reaction score
Hey guys please help, I have changed the original engine from my 2006 Pathfinder 2.5 DIesel, I have put a 2006 NIssan Navara 2.5 Diesel engine in now. It has the original Pathfinder engine wiring loom in and connects up ok the the engine almost. The replacement engine has a different throttle body plug connector it is oblong with 6 wires as opposed to the square plug coming off the loom. The wire colours are different on both plugs so I’m at a loss to which ones to connect to get the engine running correctly. The vehicle fires up lovely and idles great but I know this is only happening off the Turbo and the revs won’t go over 3000 rpm. So does any one have any idea what colours from the loom I should connect to the throttle body to engage the throttle body sensor and motor so the pedal and injection works properly…I hope someone has an idea because being in Tassie no auto electrician has a clue and won’t investigate the solution… I’m desperate… please help

Attachments

• 1CA61A32-1F6C-4031-A715-46A3144CCA47.jpeg
    1CA61A32-1F6C-4031-A715-46A3144CCA47.jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 0F8F486F-E7CF-4EEF-82B2-B68AEF039BA2.jpeg
    0F8F486F-E7CF-4EEF-82B2-B68AEF039BA2.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 11
  • DA3E1A2B-D0A9-4F40-A44D-5DF2C52AAF08.jpeg
    DA3E1A2B-D0A9-4F40-A44D-5DF2C52AAF08.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
I'm assuming the throttle body from the Pathy won't fit the Navara engine (that's odd?) ?

This is the plug that goes onto the EGR unit? Not having it plugged in will cause the Check Engine Light to come on.

The wiring of the Navara EGR valve control isn't obvious in the service manual. It shows 6 wires, 5 of which connect to the ECM. Pin 5 and pin 2 on the Navara's EGR are connected together (brown wire). Yellow is pin 1, which seems to operate with pin 3 (grey). Pin 4 is purple and its partner 6 is orange. The service manual only shows 4 coils and not what they're for, I suspect it's part of the stepper motor for the throttle body and EGR valve.

I don't know how much that helps.

Yes there is the egr plug that has 6 wires, then there is the other plug that has 5 wires, these are the wires in the attachment that is coming of the 2 navara throttle body plugs. The TBody has grey green red blue and brown, the other plug is the Egr so I’m sure that has the 2 purple yellow orange brown and grey

Attachments

• 59B8C641-C9BE-4A32-8226-2A12EB382151.jpeg
    59B8C641-C9BE-4A32-8226-2A12EB382151.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
I've even downloaded Pathfinder manual sections and can't find any info. I saw one that looked really promising, but the web page was faulty and I couldn't get any info from it.

A multimeter would help determining what the pins on each are for. Do you have the old one from the Pathfinder engine?

I've even downloaded Pathfinder manual sections and can't find any info. I saw one that looked really promising, but the web page was faulty and I couldn't get any info from it.

A multimeter would help determining what the pins on each are for. Do you have the old one from the Pathfinder engine?
No I don’t have the old one, what a bugger, the web doesn’t really have any information, it’s just trial and error I suppose, as I said it’s runs great but revs only get to 3000 rpm, hopefully I can find what wires are the ones that with kick in the throttle body and get lucky because as I said I’ve contacted so many auto electricians but they have no suggestions either. Fingers crossed I can work out the right wires from the throttle body and EGR to the wires coming from the pathfinder engine loom

Latest posts

Back