Throttle body connections wiring diagrams

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decca4

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have replaced the D40 turbo diesel 2.5lt from my 2006 Nissan Pathfinder with a D40 turbo diesel 2.5lt Nissan navara engine. My pathfinder wiring loom fits all electrical sensors but not the 2 throttle body connections because they are oblong (2) 6 pin connections and because the throttle body on the pathfinder were 2 square connections, Help please does anyone know what the wire colours from the loom to connect to the throttle body 2 connections to make this work….can this be done

I can't find the wire colours in the manual, but I've got a 2009 model sitting outside. When it gets light tomorrow I can go look. It's odd that they used different plugs on the engine, considering that they're supposed to be identical. It's a wonder that the old engine's part can't come off and be fit to the replacement engine (which might be the answer in the long run if the Navara doesn't electrically match the Pathy's needs).

i ran my 2007 ssangnong with throttle body wirring disconnected to stop it going into limp mode while i waited for new part to come from koraps.com

I can't find the wire colours in the manual, but I've got a 2009 model sitting outside. When it gets light tomorrow I can go look. It's odd that they used different plugs on the engine, considering that they're supposed to be identical. It's a wonder that the old engine's part can't come off and be fit to the replacement engine (which might be the answer in the long run if the Navara doesn't electrically match the Pathy's needs).
Thank you so much, that would be awesome if you could look
trouble is I don’t have the old engine parts, so I’m trying to connect these 2 throttle body connection wires from the navara engine I’ve installed to the pathfinder loom wires which are different colours

Attachments

• C1052EFF-94E0-49DE-B353-2B677387C057.jpeg
    C1052EFF-94E0-49DE-B353-2B677387C057.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • 0743667F-C783-463C-B43A-0CEA8973053C.jpeg
    0743667F-C783-463C-B43A-0CEA8973053C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
Thank you so much, that would be awesome if you could look

trouble is I don’t have the old engine parts, so I’m trying to connect these 2 throttle body connection wires from the navara engine I’ve installed to the pathfinder loom wires which are different colours
I think i have found an answer to this scenario. What is called the "throttle body" in this thread is in actual sense an "air shut off valve" that is quickly closed on turning off to provide a smoother shutdown and startup later. Some Pathfinders (like yours and mine) and Navs, instead have the vacuum operated version of the air shut off valve. Spring loaded OPEN, vacuum applied to momemntarily close it on shutdown and then it defaults bck to open. See attached picture for the version of Shut Off valve you should have (no cable goes there) - the cable you have is only for the EGR.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
I know this is an old thread but I'm shoving an NP300 into a 2005 Pathfinder (YD25). The original shut of valve is of the vacuum type but I want to retain the NP300 valve from the new engine. Unable to find any documentation and obviously dont have the Navara wiring in my truck so I decided decided to pull it apart. I now know what the wiring is and how to plug it in the '05 Nissan Pathfinder. Albeit I will have a standalone mcu to control it but I'll post the pinout of the 16119 EC electronic valve unit soon. Give or take a day or 2.

Latest posts

Back