TD27 Injector Pump tuning

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D21singlecab

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a 1989 D21 with a NA TD27 that I have retrofitted a turbo to.
It goes well aside from in anything higher than 1500 RPM it "runs out of fuel" because the pump does not have a boost compensator

Where is the fuel screw?
I cant find anything related to the TD27 in relation to the injector pump.
I would just like to turn up the fuel so that it can use all available boost.
please note it is a farm ute so economy and black smoke doesn't really matter as it does not go on public roads.

Thankyou!

common thing for people to get mixed up, boost compensators do not add fuel, they limit fuel when there is no boost.
pretty sure they are a fairly standard VE injection pump, so plenty of pics around of fuel screw. typically 1/4 turn is enough.
i would fit an EGT gauge so you can tune it, if you put to much fuel in you can melt pistons.
keep in mind when you increase the fuel you also increase the timing. typically thats a good thing as generally they are fairly worn. but if you start really pouring fuel in you will may to take some timing out, especially if its not intercooled.

Hello all,
I have a 1989 D21 with a NA TD27 that I have retrofitted a turbo to.
It goes well aside from in anything higher than 1500 RPM it "runs out of fuel" because the pump does not have a boost compensator

Where is the fuel screw?
I cant find anything related to the TD27 in relation to the injector pump.
I would just like to turn up the fuel so that it can use all available boost.
please note it is a farm ute so economy and black smoke doesn't really matter as it does not go on public roads.

Thankyou!
I’ve done the exact same mate I’m on 2 full turns on n/a pump and I can boost 20psi sweet as with the boost tap. The n/a pump will be fine on upto like 25psi I suggest 2 turns on the pump at the least when doing the plus t. And yea a egt gauge is a good idea just becuase the tds do get quite hot if going hard. Fuel screw is directly on the back of the bump it should have a little plastic cover on it if it’s never been messed with , there will be a lock nut that you need to crack and then tighten the screw in 👍🏻

Back