Tall drivers and D22? Manageable?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgilbert

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been discussed. Did a search but could not find it anywhere. I am 185cm tall (6'1.5") and about 95 kg and I'm looking at buying a D22 (2013-2014 model). I've been told that the design of the D22 might mean I have trouble driving it in comfort, especially on long trips. Lack of seat slide room and lack of steering wheel adjustment were the issues mentioned. Also the lack of a footrest next to the clutch.

It's hard to judge this just by sitting in one or taking it for a test drive, so I wonder how other drivers on the taller/larger side get on with the D22? Does it become cramped and uncomfortable on a long trip?

I'm 6"6 but my d22 it an 03 sitting in a new one is a bit tight I don't know why maybe my seats are sagged. I don't have issues on long drive just no one can sit behind me.

You can replace the seats for more comfy ones but with your height you will never get a passenger behind you, there's just no bloody room.

i own the D22 dual cab and i am 188cm tall x just under 100kgs, no problems with leg room etc in the front but the back seat is a very tight fit.

Not so worried about back seat passengers. Just comfort on long road trips and not getting cramps in my legs. Thanks Jonney your comment was very reassuring.

Dont think it would be too bad, you are not much taller then me. One thing that will be annoying is when you need to have the sun visor down!! Blocks out half the window!

You can add a footrest also. I put one in and it took a while to get used to having less space near the clutch pedal with big boots on. But once you know it's there is great on the long trips and when out wheeling.

I am 6'0", drove my single cab from SA to Darwin and back with a caravan on, 6,000km, and had no probs.

Think I've almost convinced myself to wait for the D23 Navara release and see how good or otherwise that is before I buy anything.

Good idea. Even if you don't like it, when released it'll lower the price of earlier models.

Latest posts

Back