Suspension Lift Advice Needed!!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NISMOSTX

Reaction score
Hi all!! I own an 08 Navara STX diesel, Relatively new to all things 4x4 However been looking into some more serious driving, At the moment im running strut spacers and rear shackles WHICH I despise of, the ride is terrible. Im just wondering what lift kits would be suitable to raise my car and give it a decent ride, I'm wanting at least 4"-6" lift something I can do some serious driving with I've come across the calmini lift but really just unsure of what kit is the right 1, also looked into the tough dog 2' lift kit on ebay but worried that wont give me the height I desire.
Thanks for the help
Jason

Where are you located? ZORDO a member on forums comes highly recommended I suggest having a chat to him his prices are very good. I will be looking at getting some Bilstein shocks off him in the near future.

Jason , i don't think you will get the height you desire , the navs aren't a high truck to start , my tough dog lift brought mine to what most would consider a std height on a triton or a bt-50 , My Triton had 4 inches more under the sills than a 2 inch lift in my Nav( triton had 2 inch lift ) , my my focus has changed these days and i dont need the skyscraper height , dont get me wrong , iam happy with the results , but its not high by any stretch of the imagination

The calmini lift wont give you any more clearance under the mechanicals , " it looks horn though " , EFS, ARB , and many others make 2 inch lifts , but in the long run they all look much the same . monster trucks make a 3 inch , but its on the pricey side , i guess it all depends on what you want to do with your truck

search the D-40 section , theres heaps on it in there

Last edited:
Thanks steve, ill have a look at the monster truck kit but yeah just after something high, chuck 35's on it and just look beefy

Last edited:
You'd definitely need to go the Calmini 5" + 2" suspension lift to fit 35's but along with suspension you'll need to upgrade the performance otherwise it'll be the slowest thing around. They don't really need 35's to look beef, someone posted up his D40 with 33's on it earlier and it looks tough as and to fit 33's all you'll need is a 2" suspension + 2" bodylift and possibly abit of work on the guards to make sure they don't scrub. I think one of the utes with 33's is called MANN i'll edit this post and link you his truck pretty sure he went the Calmini + 2" and 33's but I could be wrong.

Thanks mate that'd be appreciated
still doing research on here, came across a pgr kit in the
for sale thread, I like the extended UCA because when Iinstalled the spacers the CV angle was a joke

As others have said Clamini 5" kit will be one of your only options to get that sort of height, you can then add a 2" kit on top of that in what ever brand you like.

going that way will allow you to run any tyre and will create much better ramp over, approach and departure angles and the bigger tyre will help clear the diff and calmini cross member.

The only way you will keep the CV angle correct is by doing a diff drop kit like Calmini.

There is another mob from Thailand doing diff drop kits but they look a bit bodgy compared to the Calmini and from what i have heard even with the Calmini, people who have given them a good work out end up having to add a few gussets due to them cracking, so i wouldnt hold much hope for the Thai version.

PRG UCA's are pretty good but they use a hiem(or however its spelt) joint instead of a ball joint which IMO isnt as good because its not a part you can get easy compared to the standard ball joint which other version use.

Last edited:
Another option is a Titan swap, will give you a 4" lift and a increase in travel, stronger diff and drive shafts. If you combine it with a Calmini lift you can get up to 8" lift. They do them all the time in the USA. But I don't think our RTA, cops and insurance would like it that high lol…
Titan swap isn't cheap but I think it could be worth it if your serious about offroading. I'm keen if I can sort out the shit with the auto.

I agree with justpez, MANN's ure is one of ht ebest look Nav's around, he's also got a 2" toughdog kit under it, so he's about maxed out what you can do on a Naz using the standard gear.

If you're going to do serious 4x4ing, look at doing a SAS conversion and running a solid front, a couple of lads have done with with great success, very expensive though.

Realistically, unless you have a bottomless bit of cash, if you want to do serious 4x4ing, I'd have bought a pootrol and thrown a 5" superior engineering flexi kit in it and be done with it

Patrol diffs live axle conversion will solve al your problems mate.

I don't think patrols aren't that great, big bulky shit that has no room to pack any gear. Rather my Nav

if i sold my nav ide buy a 4.2gu, im sick of this electronic shit playing up all the time. but i do drive it like its stolen.

I don't think patrols aren't that great, big bulky shit that has no room to pack any gear. Rather my Nav

Thats why you put patrol diffs in your d40 then you have the room of your Nav and the off road ability of a patrol!

I reckon if you can get the gear shipped cheap (ie diff, CVs and shafts, LCA & UCA) titan swap would be the best of both worlds, there isnt to much difference in wheel track between titan swap and patrol SAS (if you can engineer SAS titan swap should be easier as all standard nissan parts and its all bolt on) some titan swaps are around the 11inchs of wheel travel (pretty good for IFS) then look at a patrol rear diff with the D40 Pattern to widen out the rear.

I have been speaking to an engineer about it, he said he couldn't see anything to stop it at first looks, but he'd have to look into a little more.

Theres lots of guys that have done it in the states , and searching , they all have different parts lists , to be honest , with the titan not being available here , your playing with a hand grenade when it comes to parts back up , end EVEN the build , one missed part or wrong ordered part could see your build time stretch into months , theres no going to the wreckers to source the part , it would be totally impractical for anything thats going to be used as a daily driver , probably ok if you wanted a weekend toy , and had wads of cash , but if that was the case why would you be dicking around with a D-40 anyhow ?

Theres lots of guys that have done it in the states , and searching , they all have different parts lists , to be honest , with the titan not being available here , your playing with a hand grenade when it comes to parts back up , end EVEN the build , one missed part or wrong ordered part could see your build time stretch into months , theres no going to the wreckers to source the part , it would be totally impractical for anything thats going to be used as a daily driver , probably ok if you wanted a weekend toy , and had wads of cash , but if that was the case why would you be dicking around with a D-40 anyhow ?

like old mate said you break a cv on a track shipping the right one out of the states would take a while, you would want a couple sets straight up as spares.

Latest posts

Back