Sunraysia 16x8

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bazz

Reaction score
Hey guys,

am looking at replacing my stock rims with sunnies is 16x8 the right size to replace them with? will be running 265/75/16 mickey thompson 4 ribs atz.

and on antoher note what tyre pressures you guys running at?

cheers

Hey mate you can use either 16x8 or 16x7 sunnys, i just fitted a set of 16x7 sunnies with a +19 offset with 265/75r16 tyres.

I think most people who get 16x8 run about a +20 offset i believe king wheels can supply these

16x8 +20 offset can be supplied by any kings wheels dealer exactly what I have and are brilliant. Check my build thread if you want to see pics. Even my avatar is it with black kings steels

Hey Rusty do your 265/75 sit outside the guards on a 8 inch rim with a +20 offset ?I am guessing they do by 12mm. Cheers.

Actually no they don't. They sit dead flush with the guards on mine. The side wall/bulge in the wheel may a little but apart from that the actual tread section is all within the flare/guard

yeah that is a good question what is the benefit of the +20 offset on the 16x8 vs the 16x7?

I have exactly the same as rusty....no probs, they s rub a bit on the inside of the mud flap on full lock but the body lift will fix that. I was told A benefit of the 16x8 is that if I ever decide to go 33's I can still use my rims.

oh ok do you have a 2 inch lift kit and they still rub? only on the back mud guard?

i am considering the 2 inch bodylift if i dont intend doing a bodylift should i just stick to 16x7?

I have a 2" EFS lift, doesn't touch the back only the front I have a ally tray with a 50mm lift The rubbing is minor mate, nothing to worry about just touching the inside corner on full lock. There are heaps of other guys on here with exactly the same rims without any issues. I'm also running 265/75's so that is a little bit different to your situation, I don't think the 265/70's would rub.

Last edited:
The only difference really between the 16x8 and the 16x7 is the 16x8 have more dish and ya can fit larger tyre on them ie 33s. I have the 16x7 with 265/75 and mine still scrubbed on the front mud flaps on full lock steering, although i just cut away the inside corner like many of others on this forum have done and now it doesnt scrub at all. So really what width rim you get is all upto personal preferance and wether or not you want to fit 33s

Hey guys,

am looking at replacing my stock rims with sunnies is 16x8 the right size to replace them with? will be running 265/75/16 mickey thompson 4 ribs atz.

and on antoher note what tyre pressures you guys running at?

cheers

If your only running 265/75, then 16x7 with +30 offset would be best, but if you plan on upgrading your tires in the future to 285/75's (33's) go with the king 16x8's in +20.

Running my tires (285x75 muds on 16x8's) at 35psi on road and between 25 and 8 offroad.

I have the King 16x8 +20. Gives a wider tyre print and looks great with the deeper dish. I have 2" lift and just trimmed the plastic 'block' from the inner of the front mud flap - no dramas at all. They don't stick out past the guards.

Check them out in my garage and ride thread. (Ridgie's Ride)

thx for all the feedback guys looking to go towards the 16x8 black kings will most likely only run 265/75 mthompsons 4 rib atz whats the difference between having a 0 offset as opposed to +20? will the running gear suffer running a higher offset?

you may flog out ur wheel bearings and harder on ur drive gear. plus teh wheel will stick out another 20mm which is to much and classed as illegal unless you put flexi flares on

Rusty

oh ok so is "0" worse then "20"? i was under the impression the higher the numbner the further from the centre of the car?

ps i have no idea just whaty i reckoned lol

oh ok so is "0" worse then "20"? i was under the impression the higher the numbner the further from the centre of the car?

ps i have no idea just whaty i reckoned lol

your thinking NEG (-) offset. positive(+) offset is anything from centre to the front face of the rim. engative is from centre to the back face of the rim.

understand it a bit better now? so if somethig just says 16x8 p20 or some even just say 20 offset. means its positive

goodluck
Rusty

I have the King 16x8 +20. Gives a wider tyre print and looks great with the deeper dish. I have 2" lift and just trimmed the plastic 'block' from the inner of the front mud flap - no dramas at all. They don't stick out past the guards.

Check them out in my garage and ride thread. (Ridgie's Ride)

sorry rusty i just seem to struggle understanding,

would 16x8 with no offset cause less wear to running gear then the 16x8 + 20?

ahaha its alright i struggled to starrt with aswell. all about learning and thats what the forum is about.

a rim 16x8 with 0 offset will cause more wear and tear on parts then a rim with 16x8+20 offset on the d22. other brands/cars will vary

ahaha its alright i struggled to starrt with aswell. all about learning and thats what the forum is about.

a rim 16x8 with 0 offset will cause more wear and tear on parts then a rim with 16x8+20 offset on the d22. other brands/cars will vary

haha ooooo right thx heaps mate i understand now

so what i want is 16x8 with plus 20 offset?

is 335 a corner to much for mickey thompsons 4 rib 265/75/16?

thanks for all the help!!!!

Back