Quantcast

STZ 550 Catch Can

The Navara Forum

Help Support The Navara Forum:

Steve Berry

Reaction score
Hello every one i,m am going to fit a catch can to my STX550 and want to have all the bits ready before i start. Have the provent 200 can am hoping some one can tell what size pipe is on the pcv valve have conflicting information some say 5/8 (16mm) and some say 3/4 (19mm) i know its a bit of a tricky job so want to make sure i have the right size pipe and fittings before i start .
Cheers Steve

amber.2

Reaction score
Hello every one i,m am going to fit a catch can to my STX550 and want to have all the bits ready before i start. Have the provent 200 can am hoping some one can tell what size pipe is on the pcv valve have conflicting information some say 5/8 (16mm) and some say 3/4 (19mm) i know its a bit of a tricky job so want to make sure i have the right size pipe and fittings before i start .
Cheers Steve
Did you buy just the Catch can or the full kit as every thing is supplied including all hoses clamps drain tap .
Go on Utube and type in you car and model to fit a Provent catch can there is a wealth of knowledge on how to fit ,

Steve Berry

Reaction score
Thank you Amber.2 but Provent dont do a kit for the STX550 HPD do but the replace the PCV valve with there own unit and a 19mm fitting i am hoping to hear from someone who fitted a catch can using original components and that would know what size inside dia the pipe that runs from the PCV valve to engine is .
Cheers Steve

amber.2

Reaction score
The hose is the same size as the outlet / inlet. On the catch can. The valve stays in the original position as hose connects to to that. With a clamp.

Steve Berry

Reaction score
The hose is not the same size the outlets on the catch can are 25mm

amber.2

Reaction score
You might need an adapter from 25mm to fit the 19mm the hoses on mine have been stretched from the 19 to 25mm at the catchcan, as there is no actual pressure in the hoses only suction ,you might only need a small section of the 25 and insert the 19 into it ?

Latest posts