STX550 GPS Software Upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantaray

Reaction score
I know that this is an old story, but has anyone had any luck at all in getting a software update disk from Nissan or a third party, to update the GPS. My 2013 is way out of date now so we use the phone which at least ties into google maps.

Yarra Valley Nissan did an update for me... the service team said you get one free update, they did the update during service :)
I see on EBay under STX550 a listing for ISO / Android car play :)

Just carry on using Google maps or Waze. Even with the latest map upgrade, the routing software is poor in comparison.

I'd love a firmware update to fix the atrocious Bluetooth connectivity.... I did download an update from the web a few years back on an ISO - but it appears that the AUSTRALIAN headunits run a diiferent version and I was unable to perform the update. :(

Anyone have any links to a new ISO that we could burn and try? Even updated Firmware would be nice....

Buy a tablet and keep attached in the car. That is way cheaper and better look&feel and more accurate routes with accident and speed cam notifications

When I discovered spotify about 4 years ago, I tried to connect my phone to play music in my STX550 but it wouldn’t do it, looked everywhere... I could only do phone calls.
A few weeks ago I got a new IPhone, when I went to put the old one in the box there was the adapter iPhone to mini stereo plug... wow I went straight to my ute plugged the iPhone into the AUX socket, pushed the AUX button it said USB, pushed it again, Bluetooth audio WHAT! ? I thourght I was dreaming REALLY... anyway 2 minutes later the phone is connected and I’m lissening to spotify.
dose anyone know if Yarra Valley Nissan updated my software or has it been there the whole time ? Maybe it’s iPhone update ?
‘The music box is the greatest invention ever holding hundreds of CD on the hard drive, unfortunately Spotify doesn’t have the same sound quality as CD or USB but it’s great to have an extra 30 million songs
:)

^ It might only with with iPhones.

I've only got Android phones, even my wife moved away from iPhone's typical "you can't do anything with this phone unless we approve it" bullshit, so I can't help there.

I replaced the head unit in my car (its factory unit was replaced with a Pioneer Windows CE-based unit as part of the new car purchase, but I've since replaced it with Android units). Unfortunately the latest unit I've put in - a genuine Pumpkin unit - doesn't do BT audio unless you pay extra for the dongle. They actually took the feature out of the OS to skim you the extra few bucks.

Bluetooth audio WHAT! ? I thourght I was dreaming REALLY... anyway 2 minutes later the phone is connected and I’m lissening to spotify.
dose anyone know if Yarra Valley Nissan updated my software or has it been there the whole time ?
Always been there my friend:rofl2:

unfortunately Spotify doesn’t have the same sound quality as CD or USBsongs
Check out your settings in the spotify app.. one of the first options is data saver/ audio quality.. a few scrolls down the page gives you another bunch of audio quality options..
i use spotify alot (most of my work and driving time) and have the paid version - ive never seen excess phone data charges

Ow....I can’t believe bluetooth audio was there the whole time! maybe I need an eye test or brain scan.... now I just checked Spotify and sure enough Manning you are right there is heaps of setting I never seen before ... low data mode was turned off. amazing amount of settings, I couldn’t find what I was looking for which is a compressor limiter to level the songs out, thank you Manning going to have a good play with the settings :)

Latest posts

Back