stx steering wheel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericcs

Reaction score
the leather on my wheel is split and decaying, so it needs replacing. Now, i have never removed the steering wheel before, so i cant compare. what i want to know is, mine only has cruise buttons, no audio controls. will a later model stx wheel be ok as a replacement?
cheers

I can't imagine there were any differences between 2006-2010 models. Mine is just like yours (2009). Mine's seen better days too, but I think I'll just get one of those tie-around leather covers when the time comes.

I do have to remove the plastic bits and respray them. I even bought the plasti-dip to do it (along with the window controls in the door which are similarly damaged from use) but lack the motivation to do it all just yet. Will probably do mine in the spring.

Hi, my 2 cents regarding the upgrade of the wheel. There are multiple clocksprings for the Navara depending on the specific year/options and this may be an issue regarding the cruise and stereo controls. So while physically it will fit and the wiring may be in place it may require more than just a wheel update.

However there are options regarding the outer wheel if you want to use your cruise control switch bank. Remove old wheel and carefully remove the switch banks to place in new wheel.

I have looked at upgrading my wheel (also worn leather) and have been tempted to get a pathfinder wheel from the same era to try. Like Tony I have misplaced my motivation. On a side note I too need to do the respray of window controls etc Tony. I did it once and it looked awesome however Plastidip wore off very quickly.

Hope this helps out. Again my opinion only as have not tested wiring harness yet and it has been a long time since I worked for Nissan.

Let me know how you go with this. The key will be in relation to the the wiring plugs you have available on yours.
First step remove your airbag and look at the plugs you have on the wheel side.

PM me for more info if you like.

Hi Ericcs. Any update on your steering wheel and the audio control?

I'm thinking about doing a swap also on my Spanish 2007 STX with only cruise control on my steering wheel. I've seen 2007 euro D40s with audio controls so there is a possibility my model may work with a straigh swap of the control panels or would I need a whole steering wheel.

Just wondering if a 2007 STX has the looms or plugs in place for this already? Hoping to pair the audio controls with an android head unit.

Hi guys, just wanted to add some info. I have an 09 STX with cruise only and I have installed a R51 Pathfinder steering wheel with Audio controls and cruise from the same era. All fits and works without any modifications. I did change the Clock spring at the same time due to airbag issues, but pretty much if the Pathfinder has it the Nav can have it too.

I like the sound of that. Just need to find someone wrecking one locally and I’ll be scavenging a few parts. Steering wheel, or at least the audio controls. Centre console, dash stereo surround and climate controls.

maybe it’s not full climate control, but the controls certainly look like the more modern climate control models. Think I’ve also seen somewhere that international models had climate control that long ago.

I knew the European models had it. I even asked the dealer, pointing out that my 1977 Jaguar had climate control, so why couldn't my 2009 top-of-the-range Navara have it, he just said that's what Nissan gave to Australia.

The Climate control requires a bit of surgery, need to change the blower and other bits under the dash to make the controls work properly, I am currently looking into this so will keep you posted. Did get my hands on a pathy centre console for some bling.
The dash is a straight swap for the Nav part but the VSC light stays on, need to bypass the non existent switch, will sort this one out when I change to centre console.

Latest posts

Back