STX 550 Sat Nav upgrade.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacm

Reaction score
In late September I got an email saying there is a map upgrade available - no mention of a cost. I just booked the car in for a service and the quote for the map set upgrade is $480 on a 12 month old car.....

Not a happy camper.....

JM

I wouldn't get it. That's a blatant rip-off. Pioneer wanted $240 for mine and I told them to go shove it up their corporate sphincter.

Any of these head units can be broken in to. The Avic 900/910 that I have in mine even has its own forum. Perhaps you can find a similar resource for yours?

Mine is only 6 months old and it has just had its 10000k service.The dealer wanted $370 to upgrade my satnav and i politley declined.Next time i am buying a new vehicle instead of haggling and getting mats and weathershields thrown in i might try free satnav upgrades to sweeten the deal.
The old street directory still works.

Interesting price difference...

I wont be getting the update either, simply not worth it for the money. The nav system looses its location and sits in some other part of the country for a while until it finds its way again....

Cheers
JM

I'm glad I read this before I contacted the dealer. I was only going to get it done for the sake of it and the letter mentioned nothing of it costing. I run a hema navigator anyway and use the navara display for fuel etc.

Cheers for the heads up.

G'day.
Does it actually improve anything?
For that price I should hope. or are we expected to pay them to fix their mistakes?

Actually don't know if it fixes something or anything - as far as I know it's just the maps that are upgraded....

As I mentioned above, my unit sometimes just gets lost from time to time and I could be anywhere....sometimes for a short time, sometimes for a few days at a time. Its a bit like DR Who!!

Bet it doesn't happen when it goes in for a service....

I bought 2 x STX 550's in May 2013. In September got the letter of the map upgrade being available but it took the dealer until April 2014 for a price. $550 PER VEHICLE. I asked them if they could go back to Nissan to see if they could do a better deal due to the age of the vehicles, they said no, either pay the money or don't get the upgrade. They could not care less.

Will never buy a Nissan again nor go back into that dealership. It always amazes me when they spend so much money in advertising to get you in the door then treat you so poorly you will never go back.

I know this thread is old, really old but has anyone, anywhere actually been able to upgrade their maps in their STX 550 sat nav?
Like at all, using any source?
I have tried Nissan, both my local dealer where i bought the ute and Nissan Australia.
I get a lot of " yeah no worries, you can do that" but when push comes to shove I get " yeah, nah"

I have given up with map upgrades. Finaly bought a new head unit for my wifes car the old one maps were old and the touch screen was bad. The new one connects to your smart phone and gets the maps from google maps. never needs an upgrade. Also this unit is so smart we tell it where we want to go and it plans it and tells us just like a GPS. It also rings any phone number we tell it. What is really scary, I looked up 2 addresses on Google at home. When we started the car the addresses were on the screen for us to select (scary)

I know this thread is old, really old but has anyone, anywhere actually been able to upgrade their maps in their STX 550 sat nav?
Like at all, using any source?
I have tried Nissan, both my local dealer where i bought the ute and Nissan Australia.
I get a lot of " yeah no worries, you can do that" but when push comes to shove I get " yeah, nah
The final map update for the Nissan Connect Premium as fitted to your Navara (as well as many other Nissan/Infiniti vehicles) was dated 2015, the map data based on 2014 roads.

So even if you could update, it would be a pointless exercise.

Note this is a proprietary Nissan system so no other sources of updates.

Replace your head unit with with something you can update. Mine is an orion unit and I can buy the updates on ebay every couple of years for around $20. The naviextras cost are a total rip off.

Replace your head unit with with something you can update. Mine is an orion unit and I can buy the updates on ebay every couple of years for around $20. The naviextras cost are a total rip off.
Sadly not something that can be done with Nissan Connect Premium without losing the info screens giving range, fuel consumption, aircon etc.

Hello Piglet Yarra valley Nissan in Lilydale have always service my ute, a few years ago on pickup the head mechanic Jeff said “ow by the way we did a software update. but I use google maps on my phone with Spotify connected via bluetooth most of the time.

Personally I never liked the maps because it seams backwards, you can’t type 6 John street Shepparton. First is town I think if you type Shep it comes up with Shepparton, east, north, west , vic,QLD ect if you choose the wrong one then type John now you have to navigate back till you choose the right one, then last is the street number.

Ask your Nissan supplier if it can be voice activated our new 2022 unit needs no finger entry just tell it where you want to go.

Latest posts

Back