STX 550 rear lsd?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMGTZ

Reaction score
I am annoyed by the active braked limited slip diff that is stock in the stx 550 and the stx with v9x . Unless you give it a big serve it wont go over a small hump when one wheel is in the air.

Is there a proper mechanical limited slip centre available? that way I would still need to apply some power rather than sinking my foot.

I have asked a couple of Diff places but they are not sure if they can get one. One place can install an Elocker but that isnt what Im looking for as I would like the benifits of an lsd available on road as well.

You just need to give it some time spinning, the traction control is a bit slow in the navs, wait a few seconds and it will apply the brake to the spinning wheel,transfering drive to the wheel with grip and away you go!!!

I have noticed it will eventually work but wont do much if the wheel it off the ground and...also is a bit slow when on a wet road cornering.

Maybe might is dicky...I will get it noted and looked at on the next service

well ive had it with the Nissan ABLSD and their stupid VDC.

We went to the beach near cervantes WA and thought about a drive up the coast...Even down at 15psi it just was hopeless in high range and lost power due to traction control retarding throttle right when you needed it to be able to churn through the deeper bits.

switch to low range...VDC off..= one wheel drive on each end as the useless braked limited slip did nothing. Got stuck in deep powdery sand on the beach and both fault lights came on

rear right went down and front left too.

Lots of jacking and swearing....car full of sand....very unhappy wife.

Ok the tyres are pretty basic bridgestone...but I have the same on the ranger and they are Ok so I really cant blame them

can anyone tell me if the mechanical lockers are noisy in the rear of one of these? I also do a lot of towing...will that have any negative effects on the locker?

I have recently been offer a TRUTRAC torsen style rear diff. I was considering the eaton elocker but asked if they had anything else. The guy at WA DIFFS said he has found the nissan TITAN ten bolt diffs are the same as ten bolt navara diffs. He recommended thre trutrac for my application.

Has anyone had any experience goo or bad with these?

I personally like the trutrack also...its basically a open diff that will lock up when needed.aparantly it has no wearing parts particularly clutch packs .i did hear it requires a wheel to slip/spin before it locks tho..how much slip i dunno and could never get a straight answer.

Nope...i cannot afford it.... (sadface)
But when i do get around to getting one it will be the trutrac...im not interested in having a open wheeler/locker
I want a great LSD and for a small diff like the in the nav... the trutrac is the ducks nuts

So, I went ahead and had the tru. Trac installed. I haven't done any off roading yet but can say it is a tight diff.... Only done about 20 kms so far. Did a little skid with one wheel in the dirt and one on the driveway.... Wife was a little unhappy about that ... But it spun both straight away. The eblsd. Would wait for two seconds or more to lock.

Last edited:
Great to hear its working well for you.
Its still definatly the way i would go.and will go...i just need a good excuse to get it done.

Hello BMGTZ.
just wondering how your rear trutrac LSD is going ?
Or has anyone got more info about over riding the brake activated lsd which I think is dangerous because of unpredictable
cheers

Latest posts

Back