Strange Squeal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harrysd40

Reaction score
Hi guys, just got a d40 cab chassis a couple months ago and it’s started making a squeal noise on acceleration I’m not sure what it is has anyone heard this

Sounds like it could be a hole somewhere in the system between the turbocharger and the intake manifold and it's leaking boosted air. Look for signs of black oil smeared out of the leak.

If that's not it, examine the exhaust around the turbocharger interface, in case the gasket there has thinned out and is behaving a bit like a reed in a woodwind instrument (this happened to me).

Do you have any practical joker mates? The harmonica, cable tied before the radiator is a funny one, not that this is what your issue is.. You'd know that one, it sounds like a dying donkey when you get up to speed on the road, but that sounds like an air leak under boost??
That or some smart arse has stuck a mouth piece from a recorder/flute in your air box or down your snorkel... does your snorkel have the inlet that you can slide a beer can down, thats a p.t.a one lol.
I had mates that thought it was hilarious to do that one, the first thing i did when I built mine was to net the inlet on the snorkel.. I've been got by the cable tie on the tailshaft!

Sounds like a hose split at the hose clamp, grab a spray bottle with soapy water and wet the hoses, see if any bubbles pop up!
As Tony wrote, it may show traces of it with out it.. I'm betting it's a pin hole or you'd hear it under lower revs???

Highly suggest the cable tie on the tailshaft, you need the real big heavy cable ties! Your mates will love you for it ;)

My D22 2.5 was doing exactly this. Turns out it was a tiny leak in the inter cooler. Had to use a smoke machine to detect it. Replaced the inter cooler and it’s all good now.

Latest posts

Back