Strange issue with sat nav

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coley76

Reaction score
Hi all, I've joined this forum in need of some advice, my friend has a 2005 Navara that's stuck in the disclaimer screen just after
Nissan logo where it asks you to agree by pressing enter, we've tried to press enter and nothing happens, there is no audio as well, borrowed a screen, cd unit and radio/sat nav control panel from the local scrap yard and swapped the lot to have the same issue, the DVD/bluetooth unit under the seat seems to be working, but not sure if the DVD unit or the disc is the issue ?? would be greatful for advice if anyone has come across this before. Thanks

I really can't see why both units would have the exact same problem. Could it be the method of choosing 'Enter' ? Do you do that with the screen or with a control on the steering wheel?

If it's the steering wheel, there might be something wrong with the clock spring.

Thank you for the reply, you can press enter by the steering wheel or the joystick attached to the controls just below the screen, the screen isn't touch, was thinking is it possible that the DVD/Bluetooth module under the driver seat (UK spec) which holds the rom for the user interface is the culprit ?

Thank you for the reply, you can press enter by the steering wheel or the joystick attached to the controls just below the screen, the screen isn't touch, was thinking is it possible that the DVD/Bluetooth module under the driver seat (UK spec) which holds the rom for the user interface is the culprit ?

It's entirely possible, if the ROM is in there. It would be a valuable exercise to unplug that and plug it back in, just to clean the contacts and see if that made a difference, and perhaps examine the wiring to make sure it hasn't been crushed or damaged by something that was shoved under the seat.

It's entirely possible, if the ROM is in there. It would be a valuable exercise to unplug that and plug it back in, just to clean the contacts and see if that made a difference, and perhaps examine the wiring to make sure it hasn't been crushed or damaged by something that was shoved under the seat.
Thanks again, I have sent my friend back to the scrap yard to purchase a DVD unit with disc, will post the outcome

Thanks again, I have sent my friend back to the scrap yard to purchase a DVD unit with disc, will post the outcome
So the DVD drive has been changed complete with sat nav DVD, we now have a screen that says secure?? I believe this is something to do with NATS again any help would be appreciated, the info button when pressed displays the AVG fuel consumption which is more than the last DVD drive.

So the DVD drive has been changed complete with sat nav DVD, we now have a screen that says secure?? I believe this is something to do with NATS again any help would be appreciated, the info button when pressed displays the AVG fuel consumption which is more than the last DVD drive.
Just an update for anyone else that encounters an issue with like my friends, so it appears the the nats security system.includes the DVD drive, so it's not just plug and play, there is some sort of code that links the key, the immobiliser and the stereo it's a four digit code, I managed to change the code using a launch diagnostic tool that cost £300 using the immobiliser function, this is not a code that can be punched in to the radio.

Latest posts

Back