Str battery replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannonboy

Reaction score
Hi all, I've had my 2011 str duel cab for 10 years and the original batteries have finally died.
I'm looking at the exide xn70zzlmf batteries as a replacement but have no idea if they are any good?
I don't have any accessories other than what the car came with standard. Just wondering if I'm wasting my money and if I should look at something else?

Where are you based? Syd? Melb?

Exide are decent batteries, most batteries you can get your hands on these days will do the job and last at least 3 years. Better quality will last longer.

If you're in syd, check out Batteries Direct. Always the cheapest and good quality range

Where are you based? Syd? Melb?

Exide are decent batteries, most batteries you can get your hands on these days will do the job and last at least 3 years. Better quality will last longer.

If you're in syd, check out Batteries Direct. Always the cheapest and good quality range
I'm in Melbourne.
Just spoke to a bloke that has a battery/auto shop and will replace them for $150 each. 720amp
My old man was a mechanic for 25 years and recommended him to me.
I'm happy with that, he's the fussiest old bugger I've ever meet so I'll take his recommendations.
Cheers

Take this with a grain of salt of course, but a 720 CCA battery sounds a bit light on. Have always been recommended minimum 830 CCA battery for these. That's what I've always used anyway.

^ Have reread your op and notice that you mention your "batteries". Which means a dual battery model, which I know nothing about (never had one). Which makes the above irrelevant lol.

Space is the enemy with most of these bigger capacity batteries especially on the passenger side.

Take this with a grain of salt of course, but a 720 CCA battery sounds a bit light on. Have always been recommended minimum 830 CCA battery for these. That's what I've always used anyway.
Yeah I did find some other info on another thread after I posted so I did want higher CCA. Certainly hasn't started as easy for a long time.

Space is the enemy with most of these bigger capacity batteries especially on the passenger side.
The guy's l went to knew exactly what size l would need. Drove straight into there workshop, popped the bonnet, and they already had the batteries ready to go so they had the old ones out and the new ones in straight away. Couldn't have taken more than 3 mins .

Latest posts

Back