Sticking 3rd gear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

Ben_payne92

Reaction score
Hey guys, the other day on the way to work i was cruising along in third and have gone to downshift and she was fairly stuck in 3rd gear ive had to come to almost a complete stop to get it out, all the other gears are shifting fine, it drives perfectly in 3rd as well its just a bugger to get out of third unless i completely lower the revs, its goes through all the gears including 3rd no dramas when the car is off, there hasnt been any weird noises or any pre warning. i changed the gearbox oil the other day which also didnt fix this issue, any ideas legends?

izzibri@gmail.com

Reaction score
if you have been using down shifting to slow down you probably have damaged your 3rd gear , . use brakes to slow down ,match your revs with the gear you select,,

billy72

Reaction score
if you have been using down shifting to slow down you probably have damaged your 3rd gear , . use brakes to slow down ,match your revs with the gear you select,,
Sounds like the selectors are getting a bit poked.
I always engine brake (ex long haul trucker) as well as foot brake and I tow a lot with my work D40.
Rev matching is a must for both gearbox and clutch longevity.
@Ben_payne92 Do you tow often and if so is it a heavy load?

izzibri@gmail.com

Reaction score
i have used a product called PRO-MA MBL8 USED IT IN A TRANSMISION THAT WAS SHEDDING WHITE BEARING MATERIAL AND CUASING DISSENGAGING MECHANISM TO STICK ,I MIXED IT WITH OIL AND SOLVED THE PROBLEM . DONT USE IT IN AUTO TRANSMISSION ONLY MANUALS AND IN ENGINES ITS ABOUT $35 PER 300 ML DONT NEED MUCH IN 5LTS OF OIL . TRY THESE GUYS MBL8 Concentrated Oil Additive (250 mL) For Sale

Latest posts