Start radio on USB

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldManBeard

Reaction score
Does anyone here know if the radio model pictured can be made to always start playing the USB instead of the radio? And, if so, how to do it?

radio.jpg

That's just a generic photo, not my unit. I always have a USB drive plugged in.

Does anyone here know if the radio model pictured can be made to always start playing the USB instead of the radio? And, if so, how to do it?

View attachment 35934

So each time you start the car you have to push the USB button?
If it's a momentary switch you could use the FRM01 timer relay as an electronic finger that "pushes the button" for you a few seconds after the car starts. I used one to automatically turn my cruise control on seven seconds after the engine is started. They cost around $10 to $15.
You'd have to open the unit and connect to the USB switch contacts and install the FRM01 as a parallel switch.

If it's a momentary switch you could use the FRM01 timer relay as an electronic finger that "pushes the button" for you a few seconds after the car starts.
Thanks for the idea and if I can get the steering wheel controls added (there appears to be no wiring for it in my Nav) that would certainly be pretty simple. However, as things are, I'm not enthusiastic enough to remove the radio, open it up and add the necessary wiring. I do have one of those timers because of your cruise control info, which I've saved for future reference, but haven't fitted it yet. Handy stuff and thanks for that as well.

View attachment 35934

Hi, Similar vehicle, RX 'MNT',this radio.
Checked yesterday, switch off with USB active, and is active immediately on next startup.
[Manual supplied with ute doesn't reference this radio, annoying trying to sort out 'phone integration!]

Hi, Similar vehicle, RX 'MNT',this radio.
Checked yesterday, switch off with USB active, and is active immediately on next startup.
[Manual supplied with ute doesn't reference this radio, annoying trying to sort out 'phone integration!]
I just went out to try some ideas and discovered that if I turn the radio off by pressing its power button, the next time I turn it on it does indeed start with whatever was active when it was turned off. Unfortunately, I very rarely turn off the radio like that. I normally just switch off the ignition. Doing it that way it will always start up on the radio when I turn the ignition back on.

My Navara did come with a separate manual for the radio which includes the phone info but it sheds no light on my current problem. Do you still need/want the phone info? I've scanned the phone part of the manual as a PDF but it's 5MB in size.

Hi OMB, just to clarify, I don't use the Power switch on shutdown, just the Ignition.
And yes, would like the PDF of the info - can you attach files to PM's?
Otherwise, I'll send email address via PM.

Hi OMB, just to clarify, I don't use the Power switch on shutdown, just the Ignition.
And yes, would like the PDF of the info - can you attach files to PM's?
Otherwise, I'll send email address via PM.
Interesting that yours and mine are behaving differently. Anyway, if I've done it correctly, you should receive a message with the PDF attached.

Latest posts

Back