ST-X to RX the differences

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok the lovely people at Nissan have lent me a brand new RX DC trayback while my truck is repainted . So far have found a few minor differences
-plastic steering wheel made to look like a ST-X leather wheel
-different finish on the dash plastics
-no chrome interior door handles
-no silver panels for the door switchs
-power windows butten has 2 definate positions for manual or auto
-no auto window up for the drivers window
-no tint strip on the windscreen
-wider block out strip behind the rear view mirror
-no seat base adjustment on drivers seat
-back seats fixed in place
-diferent type of carpet
-different washer squirters
-different radio antenna
-fixed rear seats
-no sunnies holder
-chassis rails appear thinner but have to measure that yet
-slightly different dash cluster
-set light for cruise control
-totally different style of steel wheels
-no power mirrors
-different style of side repeaters
-thinner sun visors

am sure there are more differences but thats all that comes to mind for now
Feel free to add onto the list

Last edited:
Can you get us the first 3 letters of the VIN from the windscreen?

I would think the difference in chassis is because it's a Thai build, and its VIN starts with "MNT" instead of the Spanish builds' "VSK".

Oh its def a Thai build. The radio antenna is the first give away. The Spanish trucks have a roof mounted antenna and the Thia has the antenna in the front cowl.

oh yeah another one
-no identity tag inside the drivers door on the "A" pillar

Ok so I just went and looked on the truck at the windscreen where the chassis number should be visible. Nothing there its covered by a piece of viyl under the glass.
There is a complaince tag on the passengers side "B" pillar but its a decal not an alloy tag like on mine.
First 3 letters "MNT"

The ST and ST-X get the sports bar and a chrome rear bumper. (dual cabs)

The RX (daul cab) gets neither of those.
The RX has a lower purchase price, thus the more plastic look and less features.

I am guessing they don't have the baby seat anchor points in the back either.
Also different airbox assembly. Fuel cooler above the transmission crossmember and probably different fuel filter assembly.
What has it got in regards to front suspension set up? Has it got the front camber bolts?

I am still amazed that it is financially viable for nissan to do this sort of stupid crap. Surely it would be cheaper and easier to have them all based on the same platform with interchanging parts?

yes the chassis is thinner, according to main north nissan in Adelaide.

The chrome on the interior door handles is annoying as it peels off and you cut yourself on it. They also wont replace them with the RX door handles, they will only replace them with the chrome ones.

yes the chassis is thinner, according to main north nissan in Adelaide.

Dunno about that but who are we to disagree with a Nissan dealer.

The chrome on the interior door handles is annoying as it peels off and you cut yourself on it. They also wont replace them with the RX door handles, they will only replace them with the chrome ones.

Hasn't happened to mine (although they are always dirty) but I can see this sort of thing happening especially with the problems people have had with the panels peeling paint but surely it's a warranty issue given that the panel is a warranty issue. The replacements people have been getting for other internal bits where the paint comes off seem to be better made, but I guess only time will tell. If you're that worried about it spend $20 and get the handles off ebay, they are the same part number.

Ok chassis rails actually appear the same thickness. I used the most accurate measurement tool available to me lol
I eyeballed the thickness of the chassis rail compared to the thickness of the ignition key .It appears the same on my 06 ST-X and the 11 RX
Camber bolts yup they are there

-Different brakedisk hubheights (55mm on Thai builts, 37mm on Spanish builts), which works throughout the driveline, though vehicle width remains identical);
-Different airboxes with different panel filters (Spanish model have a larger panel filter);
-All Thai builts come with a water-separator before the main fuelfilter;
-Different coolant setups; heater/egrtube and turbo coolant layout is different.
-Thai builts have a push button fuel door; I assume (?) Spanish builts come with a key lock on the fuel door.

Rx to stx hard cover

its a straight swap just get some bars off ebay $50-80 seems to be around the right price and stx D40 lid $1700 and bobs the uncle trev

Yes they will fit however as it has been spoken about thousands of times on this forum the offset is 15mm different. (30mm Spain and 45mm Thai or vice versa) While they fit it's entirely your choice as to whether you risk any potential damage to your vehicle by putting the wrong offset wheels on.

Latest posts

Back