ST-X Sloppy Wing Mirrors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod from WA

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker but new member. I had a question about play in the main joint of D40 ST-X wing mirrors. The mirror is firmly fixed to the vehicle, but there is a lot of play in the spring-loaded pivot. Is this something that can be tightened by disassembling the mirror, or is it likely that things are just worn, and I'll need to come up with a creative solution?

1605597913321.png

1605603019743.png
1605603102337.png

These are the mirrors on ours. There is no such removable section. The entire cover (above the indicator) can be removed, but I'm hesitant to do so without being sure it's going to help, as I believe the clips will often break.

Yes, that's all fine. They're actually very similar to a VW golf MKV mirror, but it still doesn't tell me if removing the glass (which in about 30% of the time results in breakage) will actually let me tighten up the mirror. The video is not the same mirror either. Mine does not have the 2 allen key bolts from underneath.

Latest posts

Back