St v st-x

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all. Pick up my new ST tomorrow..... but im starting to wish i bought an STX. I couldnt see any major differences with each truck side by side, and the salesman didnt upsell the stx all that well, so i ordered an ST. i was told it was the same engine just different specs (for power output), but the difference in fuel economy between the two models worries me, and was not something that was mentioned to me. Also It is a series 5 ST, build 12/10, with the only difference between the series 4 ST apparently being different shaped blinker lights???? Just doesnt seem to make sense??? Also are the hardlids the same for the ST and the STX models? I have been told to buy one secondhand, as they are rediculously expensive, but now im thinkin i just order one from the dealer to save any trouble. Im now really confused, sorry for hijacking the thread, just after some answers before i drive out the dealers driveway

you should have found a dealer that salesman know what they are selling,even my mrs can see the differences side by side,and reading the specs.

The think the engine output is different. The current ST model has the same output as the 2008 ST-X - 126kW and 403Nm where the new ST-X (4 Cyl diesel) has 140kW and 450Nm.

Just bought my ST-x, dealer said engines were the same but the st-x has been chipped to give better specs

^ Shows what that car salesman knows.

Talk to Northside4x4, there are differences in the engines.

Interesting another 100% honest salesman, where do Nissan get these twats from Harvey Norman?

stx has different head design i believe and 2000bar fuel pressure compared to 1800, has dual zone climate control, stability control and the traction control/electronic controlled lsd, 17s and the safety features mentioned above
when shopping for them both my missus and i considered the extra cost worth it, i was mainly sold on the stability control along with side/curtain airbags and the extra grunt
our next car will be our main family car so it was high on my priorities

You might find that the suspension components from the US and the UK will not fit the trucks built in Thailand

Does this include UCA's??!?
I was hoping to get a set of PRG UCA like yours to correct the camber.
I have the Thai build and it had camber and caster adjustments but its set to the max and still pulls 0.5 deg pos camber. And I plan on lifting it more soon.

Hi guys, so in short, which one is better?

The one you have.

Seriously, if an ST speaks to you, go for it. The STX is supposed to have a couple of extra features. Dealers can provide the exact specifics, they have a chart (which is in the range brochure) that details the differences.

I've attached one of these spec sections from the 2014 range (I only have 2011, 2012, 2013 and this one).

Attachments

• D40-Navara-Specification-2014.pdf
    464.7 KB · Views: 0
Nissan do some seriously strange things when it comes to model designations.

I think it was from 2013 onwards Nissan started calling the V6 diesel D40 an STX & the YD25 model that had previously been an STX was now designated an ST.

Latest posts

Back