Squeeling noise possibly alternator ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler1993

Reaction score
Hi all
I know this has probs been asked about before but eberytime I start my car in the morning generally if there has been moisture in the air I get a squeeling sound coming from the engine bay , it's goes away once it is warm . I am assuming it's the alternator bearing , is there anything that can be done to fix it or do I need a new one thanks .

firstly try some silicon spray or dry lube on the drive belts, my old ute had this same issue and it was only a noisy belt at fault. also it could be a dry bearing in a drive pulley that the belt runs on. try the lube first.

I had that problem a few months ago... it was a stuffed clutch on the alternator. the noise was so bad I thought I had engine probs until I ran it without the fan belt and noise had gone!!

I have the same problem and getting worse I think. Although once it's warmed up it's gone. I'm replacing the alternator. Silicon spray didn't work.

I've got the same problem was told by nissan it's just dirt in the belt and wears the grooves bigger and it slips around

I developed a squeal and it turns out there's a triangular plate on the the back of the harmonic balancer.

i'm assuming something to do with the crank angle sensor.

Now mine started to squeal as if it was a worn serpentine belt but turns out that plate was bent at one of the points and rubbing against the block, lucky i found it when i did as it had a fair o'l worn mark on the block where it was scraping

I straightened the the bent point of the triangle and squeal gone :marchmellow:

Back