Smoke?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyFish

Reaction score
I've recently bought a 2006 Nissan Navara Aventura for work, yesterday on the motorway i inadvertently dropped down a gear and the revs picked up as i had to change lanes. A LOT of white smoke came out of the exhaust and you can see it again in car headlights behind me at night when i accelerate which seems very 'not right' have i bought a bad one?

TIA
Martin

Howdy! White smoke is unburned fuel! Service and tune, may be injectors.. Hows boost? Check fuel! How's the air filter going!

Buy a washable one and service regularly..

to get unburnt fuel the injection timing would have to be miles out.
the more common issue is oil leaking out of the turbo into the exhaust. not often you see it as it burns inside the cat. check shaft play on the turbo.
also check engine breather is not blocked, especially if it has a catch can on it. blocked up breather will cause high crankcase pressure which often pushes oil out the turbo.

Sure it’s white smoke at night? I know if I give mine a boot full in front of someone else the black smoke looks a lot more white/grey in their headlights.

Hi and thankyou for the replies, its definately white smoke, hopefully tweak i can get it looked at and if it is a blocked breather it hasn't caused any damage!

I had a problem with my car smoking like crazy and I thought it was a blown turbo, turns out my DPF was being asked to regen when it wasn't appropriate - one or both sensor in the DPF had failed (or at least wasn't responding properly). Replacing these sensors fixed my problem.

Does your vehicle have a DPF? Look under the vehicle roughly below where the feet of the people in front would be. In the exhaust will be a shielded large diameter section that has one electrical connection and one thin metal pipe in the front, and the same in the back. The two metal tubes will run up into the engine bay and connect to a small black widget on the side of the bay near the back. The electrical connections enter the harness. This device is the DPF. If you don't have this, don't sweat - it just means you don't have the same problem I did.

I had a problem with my car smoking like crazy and I thought it was a blown turbo, turns out my DPF was being asked to regen when it wasn't appropriate - one or both sensor in the DPF had failed (or at least wasn't responding properly). Replacing these sensors fixed my problem.

Does your vehicle have a DPF? Look under the vehicle roughly below where the feet of the people in front would be. In the exhaust will be a shielded large diameter section that has one electrical connection and one thin metal pipe in the front, and the same in the back. The two metal tubes will run up into the engine bay and connect to a small black widget on the side of the bay near the back. The electrical connections enter the harness. This device is the DPF. If you don't have this, don't sweat - it just means you don't have the same problem I did.

That's great thankyou will check tomorrow!

Latest posts

Back