Slave cylinder

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nav22

Reaction score
So my slave cylinder is needing to be replaced in my 2010 dx 2.5lt

Anyone have any tips?
I haven't had a chance to look properly yet, but if anyone has any tips and the location please to make the job easier that would be great.

Cheers

So it's the clutch? Assuming all d22's are the same it's on the drivers side towards the front of the gearbox.

Loosen the hose connection without undoing it all the way, then undo the mounting bolts. Now bolt the new one in place then quickly swap the hose to the new one and do it up tight.

Then make sure the master cylinder is full of brake fluid, get a small length of clear hose (from bunnings or wherever) to fit snuggly over the bleeder and an 8 mm (I think) spanner. Then bleed it by opening the valve as someone pumps the pedal. Keep a check of the level in the master cylinder. Once there's no more air, should be good to go.

You could prime it before you put it on if you want, shouldn't be necessary though. I use on of these and reckon they're great. You won't need anyone to pump the pedal that way, works good on the brakes also.

Last edited:
So my slave cylinder is needing to be replaced in my 2010 dx 2.5lt

Anyone have any tips?
I haven't had a chance to look properly yet, but if anyone has any tips and the location please to make the job easier that would be great.

Cheers
Howdy, wack a seal kit through it! 1/5 of the price.... if the master has gone you should do the slave also "they cop all the crap and heat", new line always helps with peddle firmness and response too, @ $10odd why wouldn't you eh.. same line as the nissan micra from memory lol not sure about the d40 though! Do a part cross reference check!
The Salve can be rebuilt too, they're usually cheap enough to replace the whole unit though.. good luck.

Grab your VIN, and go to Partsouq or Amayama for genuine parts and reco' kits, and Infopart.org to do a part number cross check if you can't find the available genuine nissan part! You'd be surprised what makes and models use Navara parts eh

As always, entirely up to yourself but...

I got a cheapy clutch master cylinder years ago and have no trouble with it (unnecessarily as it turns out, ended up being a thrust bearing). There's not much to them to go wrong. For the price and the small amount you'll save, I wouldn't bother mucking around honing them out, replacing seals and so on. Up to yourself of course.

Have heard if you just give it a squirt of CRC could fix it? lol. (only joking)

As always, entirely up to yourself but...

I got a cheapy clutch master cylinder years ago and have no trouble with it (unnecessarily as it turns out, ended up being a thrust bearing). There's not much to them to go wrong. For the price and the small amount you'll save, I wouldn't bother mucking around honing them out, replacing seals and so on. Up to yourself of course.

Have heard if you just give it a squirt of CRC could fix it? lol. (only joking)
Ahhyeah, i went carazy when i did the brakes and clutch masters, lines etc and slaves at the 300000ks ..
Not watning to spend from $250 and up for After market Brake masters or $450 & up for original, i oedered seal kits for both.. Thinking ahead and trying to plan i sourced a hone for them! Thinking you'd need to hone them, right...as it turns out i wasted my money on the honing tool..
They're alloy not cast iron and had no pitting or any wear marks at all. Turns out the original masters are top qualty stuff.. wiped them down replaced the seals and job done..

Ahhh ,,,, you'd use WD40 there, CRC would add to much lubrication, you need penertration on that job.... derrrr ,,, you guys. ...always with the tricking. ... always the funny guys eh always the testing... cant fool me buddyyyyy....im on to you. ...

Ahhh ,,,, you'd use WD40 there, CRC would add to much lubrication, you need penertration on that job.... derrrr ,,, you guys. ...always with the tricking. ... always the funny guys eh always the testing... cant fool me buddyyyyy....im on to you. ...
Lol. Only having a lend mate, all in good fun.

My sense of humour is an acquired taste apparently. The other half tells me it's one she is unlikely to ever acquire lol.

^ps. Just put it down to "lockdown syndrome" lol. Spectacular weather, trips planned, yet sitting in place for months while our leaders do their best Kim Jong-un impersonation. Though I understand why, still gets to you at times.

Lol. Only having a lend mate, all in good fun.

My sense of humour is an acquired taste apparently. The other half tells me it's one she is unlikely to ever acquire lol.
Lol maaaaate lol .. i got it lol and no, i didn't take it personally, why would i lol... i thought it was f'n hilarious, finally someone willing to take the piss eh..

Iol I know when where and how to use penertration and lubrication fluids my man ;)

^ps. Just put it down to "lockdown syndrome" lol. Spectacular weather, trips planned, yet sitting in place for months while our leaders do their best Kim Jong-un impersonation. Though I understand why, still gets to you at times.
Lol lock down = nissan navara service time... The shite we do huh

Oh yeah, there is a very good reason why they call it "stir crazy/cell crazy" bloke.. it can send men insane. ..
Look at me!, im working on a Nav;)

Thanks to people who just can't stay indoors when they're asked, Gladwrapped Barbecuechicken has closed down the state and it's getting to all of us.

We've got a trip planned to try and recover some semblance of 'normal' ... we've heard that the lakes around Menindee are 70%+ filled. That is worth seeing, so we're prepping the van.

Hopefully Wilcannia is opened up, we'll need to pass through there but they've had a few cases as well.

Good for you, that would be great. Sydney people have a 5 km radius to travel in. As long as you're jogging or something (and have a mask and ID with you). Other than that, you need a "reasonable excuse" to be out at all. Some of them have a 9-5 overnight curfew.

They might as well declare certain areas "ghettos" like a certain group did in the '30's and be done with it.

Though, really blaming anyone for spreading it seems a convenient government scapegoat. Once this particular variant gets in, nothing much will stop it. If we had decent purpose built quarantine facilities and personnel we could have used our island geography to good use. Alas, not to be...

Oh we've got similar lockdown rules here (even though it's a small country town, we're within the area defined by Barbecuechicken) and won't be going anywhere until the state's been opened up.

Will be the 3rd year I miss out on the Canning, after having the car packed and within days within leaving for the first one. Could be a few years yet before they let disease ridden urbanites anywhere near remote communities.

Will be the 3rd year I miss out on the Canning, after having the car packed and within days within leaving for the first one. Could be a few years yet before they let disease ridden urbanites anywhere near remote communities.
Lol.... That's right, keep those grubby bugs in the big smoke...
I've been stuck in Vic for a year and a half, living in the camper and ute!
I'm f'n feeezing here...
And you know i havent been questioned yet by the wollopers, i rang them and they said they don't know what to suggest if caught other than saying my car is my home atm.. classic huh so i can basically travel Vic if I'm homeless... nice get put of jail card huh

Latest posts

Back