Single cab roof rack/cargo basket, anyone done it?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

Been a while

Reaction score
Well it's on! Bolts up nice and tight buuuut it's a bit of a "pimple on a pumpkin " for my liking ... needs to be 20mm lower, 50mm wider and come out over the screen another 50 to 100mm..
It's a bit ugly but it will do the trick for now. ..
Haven't done the 100kph freeway test yet!!!!
It may be coming off!

Attachments

Scott52

Reaction score
You've done some good work on this project. I'd use it for a while as you'll probably get used to it so don't judge your creation too harshly.

The profile view makes your D22 look like it's got a toupee! :)

1624257611377.png

Been a while

Reaction score
Toupee lol true that, I got stared at today in town too!

It is growing on me, shame I didn't make it bigger though!
Well, the hard parts done, the roof mounts are there now so if I get tired of it I can look into a flat alloy one...

Last edited:

Been a while

Reaction score
Good stuff. It looks fine.
Yeahhhh but nah ;) we'll call this one, mk.1 .. it does the trick for now, but if I get the chance I'll look at a bigger basket made from alloy... one day, maybe! If I win the lotto eh !

The tourney/tray canvas is more important and the next project to do!
I think once the tarp is done in a dark charcoal and it has a new black solar panel replacing the shitty old white one, the roof rack will look more "in place" and not like a toupee ;)

Time is the killer on these projects eh $$ you wouldn't do this if you had to pay for labour @$80+PH!
There'd be 2 to 3 days labour in this thing lol anyway, it's done now.... I still have all the templates if anyone needs them! That's what's kills the time on the first one eh working out the angles of the dangles...

Rack $65
20mm SHS $30
×2/ 200mmx700mm x 2mm sheet $ 15
Folding $ 25
Rust treat, Spray/colour $ 60
Nuts and bolts $ 25
Cut/grind discs $ 15
Weld $ friends shop, a day in a weld shop using welders and grinders etc $$$$$=clean up shop!
Sicaflex $ 20
Adhesive $ 12
Adds up huh!

Scott52

Reaction score
Whenever we do bespoke projects like this it's learning experience. You can't expect to get it perfect on the first go. When I do things like this I use it for while to see what works and what doesn't then make improvements or do a new design and build another.

What you've built is probably 90% of what you planned.

Been a while

Reaction score
True that! MK 1 it is ;)

If I had to do it again it would take 1/4 the time, it's all a learning curve eh I can still get it to sit lower using what's there, it just means more fabricating and cutting of what materials I've used... Maybe after I get the tarp cover replaced :) maybe....

Latest posts