Should Led headlights be illegal/ stricter regulations

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should led headlights be illegal

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No but stricter regulations

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

Benengel

Reaction score
Have you ever been driving at night and what looks like a light house is coming towards you and all you can see is the light at the end of the tunnel assuming your death is coming next.
Only to realize it's just another brand new SUV or ute with led headlights so bright you think its mid day.
That's how I feel most times a new car drives past me or tail gates me from behind at night or early morning.
In my personal opinion I feel like new car's have extremely bright / blinding headlights compared to hid lights.
Imo aswell when I have driven cars with led headlights I find them very good for lighting up your immediate front but long distance not quiet as good as hid or halogen. I also find it hard to get my eyes to re adjust with the white light. Same as when using spot lights on the ute everything thing seems darker when turning white light off compared to before...
What are your opinions??
Hope this made sense. Just my experience and opinion on the topic

Are you talking about LED lights as fitted from new (ie ADR approved?) Or are you talking about vehicles with replacement LED light globes?

If you are talking about after market globe replacements, if the replacements do not conform to Vehicle Standard (Australian Design Rule 51/00 – Filament Lamps) 2006 then the headlights are no longer ADR compliant and the vehicle is unroadworthy.

ps you do not have a "no opinion/don't care" option in the poll.

Attachments

• ADR 51-00 - Filament Lamps.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back