Selling cylinder head cams and buckets

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newnav100

Reaction score
Just wondering is there any market for a used cylinder head with the cams buckets shims the lot. Not trying to sell to anyone on here just wanted to know if anybody buys them or should I just chuck them

No, keep the shims and buckets, cams too... shims if anything!
They're hard to come by, well they where, you had to buy a whole kit of them from nissan to get just one... $$$$$
You should adjust valves round 120'000 or it may even be less from memory.
Mines done 300'000+ and needs it done..
So yes, of its a ZD keep them..... for me :)

No, keep the shims and buckets, cams too... shims if anything!
They're hard to come by, well they where, you had to buy a whole kit of them from nissan to get just one... $$$$$
You should adjust valves round 120'000 or it may even be less from memory.
Mines done 300'000+ and needs it done..
So yes, of its a ZD keep them..... for me :)
It’s a yd25 . Replaced the head when gasket went as told not worth getting pressure tested and skimmed. So keep the buckets shins and cams and throw the head ?

It’s a yd25 . Replaced the head when gasket went as told not worth getting pressure tested and skimmed. So keep the buckets shins and cams and throw the head ?
Ahhh what a shame... dangit!

Regarding the head and gasket, I've known blokes to clean up heads by doing the figure of 8 on a flat stone base with emery sand paper lol

me, I'd stick it in the shed if its not cracked.. whats a new head worth? It may not be worth keeping but I'd pull the shims.. ill see if they're the same as the zd...cheers

Ahhh what a shame... dangit!

Regarding the head and gasket, I've known blokes to clean up heads by doing the figure of 8 on a flat stone base with emery sand paper lol

me, I'd stick it in the shed if its not cracked.. whats a new head worth? It may not be worth keeping but I'd pull the shims.. ill see if they're the same as the zd...cheers
The shims all came off when pulling the head. New heads already on and car running. I’ve got a thread on here about it. Paid $1200 for a new complete assembled head and all gaskets including intake exhaust water pump new injector seals rocker cover the lot.

Back