SeatBelt Warning Light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,
Just found this website and am feeling your pain! I rock against a wall whenever I hear the beeping. I purchased my NP300 last year and within 1 month I started having issues. I am not going to go into depth to much, basically when I have one or two passengers in the back seat the beeping will start and the seat belt lights will flash. It will only stop if the middle seat belt has been plugged in. I am an Uber driver, so I deal with this 10- 15 times a night on weekends. The seatbelt stalk has been replaced twice, the Nissan dealership tested their brand new vehicles in their yard while I was their and some of them had the same issues. The 3rd time just a few months ago they replaced the airbag sensors because apparently Japan techs told them that was the issue. The beeping and flashing still is current. Head office has no interest, they have told me that because it is a franchise it has nothing to do with them. The dealerships... well, I've heard
1. Navara's just aren't made for Uber driving
2. Your passengers are putting the belt in the wrong buckle
3. I am not stopping when I am picking up my passengers and dropping them off hence the beeping
4. When tested with Nissan, we apparently did not test it correctly because I was sliding across the seat instead of getting out every time too swap sides

Fair trade is involved, mainly for mediation as this is going through QCAT. I strongly recommend anyone having the same issue to do the same thing. It's a pain and a lot of documentation but its the only way you will get a step closer. Anymore questions please private message me

Brought my Navara brand new from Local dealer..last week. I had a couple of passengers one in the back and it did random belt warning until I stopped and got the rear passenger to unbuckel there belt a couple of times and it went away... bit 3 people on display were still showing.. I will be keeping an eye on this..

Hi. Nissan tell me that there are no weight sensors in the rear seat.
Taking my car in for service and have the same issue. I tested it the way you did with my wife moving between back seats and buckling / unbuckling rear seat belts. I concluded that there are no seat pressure sensors at the back and that the system remembers the last fastened/unfastened seat belt/s to include in the alarm visually and with audio chime.

Hi
Same problem here, 2022 Navara.
With two passengers in the back, the seatbelt alarm goes of unless I clip in third (middle) seat belt. Dealer said easy fix and replace midlle seatbelt clip.
Did not help, problem still there. Seems like no one knows where the sensor/trigger is.

Thanks, much appreciated. Dealer tells me there are no pressure sensors on the rear seats, it's all done through the buckles. Will keep everyone up to date. There are other cars out there with this problem. Mark
Hi,

My Warrior has the same issue. been back to Nissan Arncliffe (NSW) 4 times over the past 1 year I have had the car. issue never resolved, and nothing changed on the car. Today, the dealer is blaming Nissan, awaiting instructions from Nissan Australia. Is it something that Premcar did?

I have taken my nav back to Nissan, and they have replace the buckle again. Still not working properly. They say no pressure sensors, it work with door opening sensors. Don't know how it knows whether 1 ot 2 climbs in when door opens. Quite bad that none of them have a clue how it works.

Latest posts

Back