satnav gizmo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skidmark

Reaction score
ive had my D40 for about 6months now, it came with some problems, sorted them bit by bit with help from you guys, the last to do is the satnav , stereo , gizmo, it apears when it wants to, but doesn't work when it does. Do i need to replace it, or can it be replaced, i can do oily bits, but elec not so good. cheers

A common problem in D40s is the stereo earth (which is shared by the instrument cluster). A very easy fix is to add a wire from the chassis of the radio (one of the mounting screws should do) to one of the dashboard mounting bolts.

Failing that, it might be an issue with the plug connecting the stereo unit - especially if it's an aftermarket job using adapter plugs.

Depends on the year model of your car. In mine (which is similar to 2006-2010 models and may be the same up to 2013), there's a little tray above the stereo unit. Using a firm plastic blade tool (like a plastic scraper, although a solid thumb fingernail will do), lift up the edge of this tray that is closer to the back of the vehicle and it will unclip then pull out.

This will reveal two PH2 Phillips-head screws retaining the centre section of the dash in place, although you would already be able to touch the stereo housing to test the theory. Removing these two screws allows you to pull the top of the centre section towards the rear of the car (plastic clips behind that undo when you pull). Take it a little easy with this, as the air conditioning controls have a pair of cable connectors attached. These have a latching lever that you need to pull up and across to release the plug, although I've always just laid the entire centre console to the side to work on the head unit.

my model doesn't have a tray as you discribe, it has a plastic lip that is part of the middle piece of the dash.

Latest posts

Back