Safety Recall - Towbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I got one in the mail today. Glad they told me 3 1/2 years into ownership and not when I was towing 4T of cattle behind it.

Stupid money sucking piece of shit I'm going to buy a Toyota!!!

Yeah I got one in the mail today. Glad they told me 3 1/2 years into ownership and not when I was towing 4T of cattle behind it.

Stupid money sucking piece of shit I'm going to buy a Toyota!!!

only 0.5t over loaded. you must be thinking about an LC or something, the sr5 is only rated to 2.5t.

i'll going to the amarok i think.

what do these letters say exactly fellas? i'm assuming i should get one in the mail in the next couple of days.

I don't remember what mine said, I read the important bits and ignored the rest of the shit they have to put there for legal reasons. Basically just tells you the problem, the cause and what to do then confirms the car and model. It's not on the recalls site yet so it doesn't say how many vehicles are effected.

But Nissan have more to worry about than a few towbars and they aren't the only ones.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2307296/Toyota-Honda-Nissan-recall-150-000-cars-UK-fears-airbag-BURST-sending-plastic-flying.html

I got one today,
it says
DEFECT:The attatchment points on the Nissan Australia genuine accessory towbars (part no.G9162-EC000AU and G9162-EC100AU) can create excessive
stress upon the chassis frame rails over time.As a result,cracks can occur at the ends of the chassis rails.
Also goes on about hazards which are not hard to guess and also what to do,organize an inspection.
If your vehicle requires rectification you get a new bar and the massive chassis cracks repaired.

Get the chassis cracks repaired? really? sounds a bit piss poor to me really. There is no real way to fix chassis cracks as after time it will crack along the weld again. Sounds like a normal band aid fix instead of adressing the root cause and fixing it from there.

It also says the rectification includes the replacement of the genuine towbar to a revised design.

Changed the mounts i guess.

Nah replacing a 3T bar with a 2T bar and shipping all the 3T bars overseas because there is a shortage :sarcastic:

True. I wonder if they have allowed for any replacment vehicles or refunds for chassis cracks that are a bit past the weld up repair. hahaha

Latest posts

Back