Rough starting 2005 D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveandbron

Reaction score
I've had my Ute to the mechanics twice lately for treatment for rough starting. He checked out the fault codes & showing CA sensor so organised a replacement. Fitted that & no change, Checked battery & it was poor, replaced & no change. We think now that it may be the starter motor ( maybe drawing too much current & creating CA sensor code. I'd appreciate your thoughts please. Thanks Dave

Could be mate. I had this problem and it turned out to be the starter. Would crank for ages before starting, throwing a check engine light. Starter seemed fine. The crank angle sensor fault was being triggered but no issues when running, which indicated the sensor was fine.
What I realised after changing the starter was that the tacho should be stationery while cranking. When mine was playing up the tacho would jump around as it was turning over.
I found the best way to replace it was to remove the front wheel and go in from the side.
Let us know how you get on mate

Latest posts

Back