Roof Bars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

Have a 2019 double cab Navara with truckman fitted. There are side rails fitted to main cab and truckman

We are looking at putting a kayak as it’s 4m long in roof and have a question about the side bars on the truckman they don’t seem as secure as on the main cab would these be ok to attach the Cross bars

thanks

:welcome:
First off, I'm going to assume that there is à cannoy over you tub like
images.jpeg-13.jpg

if that is the case and you have added a cross rail between these bars ( or really any setup that has a decent bit of weight on the canopy roof) I'd be making sure the there was canopy internal support system

driving a short distance from say home to the creek with the kayak on the roof and only resting on the canopy roof but fully fixed to the main cab roof will be fine too - assuming it's strapped correctly.

there is also kayak carriers - never used them just seen them.. might be worth a google.
images.jpeg-19.jpg

Hi we have the cross bars and the supporting brackets that you show these are fitted to the main cab the issue is the cross bars need to be 70cm apart to reduce noise which isn’t possible if both cross bars are on the main cab which is why I was asking if the rear bars over the truckman would support this

Attachments

• 4D55CA81-E572-4CB8-BA61-258412D96A6E.jpeg
    4D55CA81-E572-4CB8-BA61-258412D96A6E.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 7
  • 77DF9991-CDE0-471E-9C15-5545777B86C2.jpeg
    77DF9991-CDE0-471E-9C15-5545777B86C2.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 9
i wouldn't be trying to strap down a 4m kayak within a 70cm and driving for any long distance. you hit a corner too fast and the kayak will wanna spin and rip either the straps loose or the rails off:eek::ROFLMAO:
i don't see the major problem strapping the kayak to the cross rack that you've installed on the cannoy. as long as the canopy is bolted to the tub okay and the rail is secured to the canopy..
im not certain of the kayak weight and your full setup but your gonna be okay.
ideally you'd have a canopy rack internal support system like i suggested earlier but i don't think your car will explode if your gonna take things easy and use common sense

with a non flexible load strapped tightly between cab and canopy DONT hit any sudden steep hill or get yourself into a situation where the cab and tub want to flex independently

Latest posts

Back