Rock Slider's Design.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickars2

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i have decide im going to get off my ars and gonna fix the mig welder in the shed and build my own rock slider's,

has anyone got a design that they used? or dimension on what they used?

if anyone has idea's or thing to watch out for can you let me know.
as im going to draw it up in cad at work and ill show you my design before i build them.

anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.
also i was thinking, as i dont want the top of the slider's slipery and i dont want to put checker plate, i was thinking about putting a strip of skate board grip tape on the top so when wet or muddy there not sliddery, how long do you reckon it would last?
id just do a couple of small strip's.

also im going to get them colour coded,
would i be better off with powder coat or painting them?

Thanks
Ash

which do you guy's think?

also what pipe size's do you reckon

Attachments

• ROCK SLIDERS.JPG
    ROCK SLIDERS.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,317
These are how I made mine. They seem to work ok.

I reckon the skateboard stuff would last pretty well, and when it is old and crappy, just put new stuff on!

I got mine powdercoated, they copped a few scrapes last time I went out and stood up pretty well, they scuffed but never rubbed through to the metal. I reckon paint would have.

new_side_steps_002.JPG

new_side_steps_003.JPG

deffinetly powder coat. Skateboard grip tape should last long enough to make it worth using over anything else.
Pipe size is personal preference really...just something with 3-4mm wall.

yeah i was having a look at a site that whole sell's exhaust bend's and im think 3 inch for the main tube around the outside, i like the desing matt has.
so im thinking about using that kinda of design.

im looking to get a plate go over the top of mine with hole's in it, rather then checker plate.

the holes are kinda depressed into the steel a bit, i have seen it used on some of brookey's barwork and TJM outback side steps use is on there 100series and it looks good.

which the design of the top plate ill leave up to a mate who is a metal fabricator.

im thinking for mount onto the chassie, either 2 ways.

one same thing as matt but id have it a u shape on the chassie.

or have a plate plate either side of the chassie and drill the chassie and bult them on with 4 hi tensile bolts, 1 on each corner so it would be held there with 12 bolts?

any idea's guys?

once i finalise a design and dimension ill draw it up at work on cad, and ill give any a copy if they want.

u shape clamp onto the chassis is the easiest way i rekn 1 bolt over the top on each arm, or through the chassis but thats more work. The holes in the top plate are called "dimples".

Mine are held on with U shaped brackets mate, its only the front 2 that are L shaped because of the web in the chassis. I bolted them through the holes in the chassis.

3 inch tube is bloody massive mate, I reckon it will stick out way past the tyres. Mine is 40nb pipe, about 45mm outside diameter.

thanks joshy, i want dimples in the top plate.
ok u shape bracket is the mount's.

what about 2.5 inch pipe?

i suppose it depends on what the dimension are on the bend's that i get.

now just have to get a new liner of the mig and a gas tank and start getting some steel and get the drawing pad out.
this will give me something to do when im hung over on a saturday and sunday

if u want to keep the "lines" the same, id go same diameter but thicker as the tubeing on the bullbar.

My last 4b had a 50mm strip of grip tape on there and i was still going strong after I got rid of it. It was on there when I bought it and sold it about 6 years later

Latest posts

Back