rock lights and gear shifter lever

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montey

Reaction score
so I'm in quarantine for the next 12days and I'm cleaning and changing the colour for the carpet for my nav d22 and thought might as swell get some rock lights installed and also try to find a cool gear shift lever to but I can't come up with anything else to do any suggestion?
and for the rock light where do I get the in cabin switch delivered
and how do I remove the 4wd lever knob. it won't screw out like the gear lever easily did.

Attachments

• 20210818_101819.jpg
    20210818_101819.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • 20210818_101825.jpg
    20210818_101825.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 20210818_143645.jpg
    20210818_143645.jpg
    951.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210818_143707.jpg
    20210818_143707.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
^ ps. sorry about that, I confused the terms "quarantine" and "lockdown". Hope you get better soon.

ROCK LIGHTS .....
Screenshot_20210819-192202_Samsung Internet.jpg
A way to tell that you've still got wheels - at night

haha :top: YeahNah - wouldn't choose coloured lights but ive been wheeling at night and some light directly around my wheels at a crawling pace can become a good option

@Horatius - hopefully the op has just jumped border's(or similar) and is just forced into home quarantine - and not needing to get better soon

@Montey - check out that kit pictured above!? click --->HERE<---

Initially, I thought it might have been something to do with off-roading but clearly not. I didn't even realise there was a name for those lights. I have my own name for them but we won't get into that.

Initially, I thought it might have been something to do with off-roading but clearly not. I didn't even realise there was a name for those lights. I have my own name for them but we won't get into that.
Yeh i just reely like the way they look on the car at night time lol but it defz will be usefull when i go offroad and it gets dark.

But i realy dont know how to remove the 4wd lever knob or wat ever it is called the gear shift lever was very easy to remove just had to unscrew it off.
any tips or instructions will be much apreciated

ohk ill try too just unscrew it but its reply hard I don't want to damage anything tbh
Ahhh i thought it was just mine, good to know .. i ended up disconecting the linkages..

But i guess if you're replacing the shifter knob, have at it with the vice grips, it has to be screwed on - rigggght? Lol, it has to be, but don't slap me if its not eh

Are you putting carpet back in or vinyl?

Mine just screws off, exactly the same as my gear lever. (2004 D22, but as (almost?) all 4x4 D22's had the same transfer case, I would suspect thay all had the same lever)
Yeah right, well im one of the unlucky ones too... weird.. never had it happen before, and if it has been glued they usually come free with force eh... but not this bugger, I've had bothe chicken wings on mine and she no move...

Some bugger on the production line is amusing themselves ;)

Yeh i just reely like the way they look on the car at night time lol but it defz will be usefull when i go offroad and it gets dark.
They are mate, well worth the investment.
I wacked lights up under the tray on mine, above the Battery and the accessories box, tow hitch, shovel and fuel fill- just for brake down times. . I want to do the front now for that exact reason, they're great come camping time and finding holes and logs in long grass etc at night..
And they're great come camp time.. not in your face but you can get to see where you're walking. .. ill grab some pics tonight for ya..
The only thing is i put the switch out under the tray too, thinking they're just for when you're stopped. ..ohhh no, they're handy as frig, put the switch inside..
i just used that $20 a roll strip lighting stuff from Vachina.. cut off a few inches and jobs done. $20 plus your time. .. well worth it my man, light that unit up... I'd go the white light too, you'll love it..

Latest posts

Back