Rim offset

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShreksNav75

Reaction score
G'day all, I'm wanting to put a set of 75-80mm jungle flares on my 2011 Thai d40 for a bit more of an aggressive look and was wondering what offset I'd need to bring the wheels out? I'm thinking of putting 16x8s or maybe 9s on. Cheers

I was at Bob Jane T-Mart in Kotara a couple of years ago and they had this whiz-bang doohickey computer thingy that lets you choose your car, then match available rims to it and part of what it had was a specification for offset (because spacers are illegal in NSW* and probably elsewhere). I'd suggest taking a stroll into a place like that and seeing what advice they can give, and who knows, they might be able to set you up with a good set of rims too. They do a good deal on Yokohama tyres now and again (I like Yokohama, quiet, good lasting grip, good longevity) - I bought a set "buy 3 get 4th free" so my tyre change was $750AUD.

* I spent some years working for a law firm and one of the cases they had involved a modified car that was involved in an incident that caused injuries for which the injured person was claiming insurance. It turns out this car had spacers installed and the claim ran into serious problems for the injured person, because now they weren't driving a roadworthy vehicle - and their insurance had a very clear "vehicle must remain roadworthy for the insurance policy to remain valid".

I Know this is a bit of an old thread, however recently installed 90mm flares. to accompnay this i have bought 17x9" rims with a 0 offset and tyres sit flush with guard. hopefully this info helps someone
IMG-0621.jpg

Latest posts

Back