Rhino Exhaust 3" System

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Summy

Reaction score
So new member, but read a few post occasionally to give me new ideas and touch up on info.
Had a D22 Navara in the past and wish i never got rid of it, so i bought another D22 Navara STR with the ZD30 for cheap cause it needed Injector pump replaced and a good overall clean up for a Roadworthy. Been ordering heaps of parts online but keep getting the stuff around with freight companies using covid as an excuse to late deliveries. Needed to hurry up and finish the Nav so could send it in for a roadworthy but i needed a new exhaust, after enquiry with several brands DEA, Playtime, Etc, who a gave a 4 week wait time due to Covid and are all based in Melbourne, i looked for a QLD based company who wouldn't have the border restrictions etc (i'm in Bundaberg) to deal with and would be quicker freight time. Found RHINO Exhausts and they have a warehouse in Brisbane, emailed them to make sure they had the 3" turbo back system with Cat and Muffler in stock. They did, so i ordered it and payed extra for express freight. 1st problem, got my tracking number so i looked up the tracking and it was in Sydney not Brisbane! lucky it only took 4 days to arrive due to express freight, but poorly packaged with the supplied nuts and bolts loose in the box and falling out torn holes in the box.
2nd problem, Very poorly made. Welding on the flanges was some of the worst I've seen and due to the poor welding all the flanges were warped, i had to tap the Cat converter for a good 30 min on the concrete till welding slag stopped falling out, the bolts supplied where too small for the holes in the flanges so had to be carefull when tightening up that the faces matched together. The mounting brackets didn't even come close to the original brackets and the dump pipe looked like it was just smashed into the mounting flange for the turbo with a hammer all dinted and bent and excess creased pipe sticking out. So after grinding back excess pipe and poor welds and making and adapting new brackets and machining the flange surfaces flat a suspected 2 hour change over of exhausts turned into 6 hours. I know this is one of the cheapest exhaust system brands on the market so you get what you pay for but i was in a hurry for a new exhaust and didn't have many options. So i recommend if you can wait and afford a more expensive brand don't bother with RHINO because they are SHIT.

I have bought their exhausts for several "cars" in the past and have not had that issue. Must be a new thing in their production checks i guess or related to the 4wd version. Good to hear about your findings though as I was about to go see them.

Latest posts

Back