Quantcast

reversing camera

The Navara Forum

Help Support The Navara Forum:

KiwiPete

Reaction score
Hi has anybody got recommendations for a reversing camera on a Spanish built 2013 D40 stx.

GunMentalGrey

Reaction score
I got a cheap Chinese android double fin head unit that came with a camera. Self installed. Does the job fine.

What features are you looking for?

KiwiPete

Reaction score
My Current camera is in the middle of my number plate, the problem is at night the lights from my MCC bumper are so bright that they block out the picture.
I have seen a camera set up for the tailgate but there is a hole for a lock that my ute doesn't have.

billy72

Reaction score
I replaced my headunit with a Pioneer and fitted a hard wired reversing camera. Works great but I would like a better camera preferably with it's own night lights to make it easier to use after dark.
I have tried wireless cameras in the past and found them unreliable as well as the wireless screen picking up random wireless cameras from shops etc.

KiwiPete

Reaction score
I am considering putting one on the canopy near the top..The type in the tailgate latch looks cool but it my be susceptible the vibration damage when the tailgate gets dropped.

Snow white

Reaction score
Got two on my outlaw one in number plate and one in dash cam dash cam one fitted just under tail gate works fine

izzibri@gmail.com

Reaction score
i have put one near the top of cannopy , handy for when i tow a loaded trailor. not happy with my night vision . can any one recommend an after market product that has good night vision

KiwiPete

Reaction score
Hi
I replaced my headunit with a Pioneer and fitted a hard wired reversing camera. Works great but I would like a better camera preferably with it's own night lights to make it easier to use after dark.
I have tried wireless cameras in the past and found them unreliable as well as the wireless screen picking up random wireless cameras from shops etc.
Hi what what year is your Navara mine is 2013 i dont see how a camera could be viewed on it ?

KiwiPete

Reaction score
Hi Billy, thanks for that,I find that I can't read the clock on my standard head unit on bright days, is the new head unit easy to view ?

Latest posts