Replacing Injector Seals on a ZD30 . . . anything I should know?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richNAV

Reaction score
Hey folks traced an oil leak back to the injectors (oil pooling up on top of the inlet manifold) and pretty sure it's the injector seals.

Watched a quick YouTube video looks pretty straight forward once all the hoses and electrics are out the way. Just pop out the old seals and replace and screw back the hard lines? Any tips or anything else I should look at while I'm there?

Going to order new Genuine seals from Navarapart in Melbourne 75 bucks.

Ta,
Rich

I think my main question is do I have to remove the inlet manifold and/or rocker cover?

Also thinking whether I replace the glow plug seals, rocker cover gasket and inlet manifold gasket at same time . . .

Last edited:
Have you started yet Rich? Can you post a link to the video. I have been thinking about replacing my injectors now I am near 370k.
I think I need to update my profile now that I think of it, the milage from when I joined is way off now😁

Have you started yet Rich? Can you post a link to the video. I have been thinking about replacing my injectors now I am near 370k.
I think I need to update my profile now that I think of it, the milage from when I joined is way off now😁

Hey buddy the video wasn't that helpful in the end . . . I only replaced the injector seals, to do the injectors you have to remove the rocker cover as well.

I removed the bracket holding all the vacuum hoses on top of the engine (3x bolts), then the throttle body, EGR valve & pipes (leaving the hoses connected) and then the injector lines. Brackets holding the injector lines were the trickiest bit as you have to use a spanner in a tight spot and remembering what sequence you removed the hard injector lines so as to put back in the opposite order.

To start the engine after I re-fitted everything I had to crack each injector line open a tad and crank the engine to let air locks escape, all the while keeping the fuel pump primed via the manual pump on top of the fuel filter.

Injectors are a few quid though right I prob wouldn't be changing them until problems arose.

Latest posts

Back