replacing cluster - 4wd cluster in 2wd

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phunk

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

A part of my LCD has crapped out and text is all gone, it's barely legible.

I found a cluster with about 8k more than mine at the moment (win/win),

**It's an Auto cluster for the YD25, but it's from a 4wd with the wheel logo on the dash.. will it matter if I throw it in my 2wd?

I don't really care too much if the wheel logo lights up or not, as long as there won't be too many other dramas.

I don't know for certain.

However, Nissan use that same cluster across the range (they all look the same each year). Check the plugs on the back to make sure your connections will work. They won't rewire things between 4WD and 2WD, the 4WD wiring (eg for axle engagement, 4WD problem light) just won't be there and won't cause a problem with the new instrument cluster.

I don't know for certain.

However, Nissan use that same cluster across the range (they all look the same each year). Check the plugs on the back to make sure your connections will work. They won't rewire things between 4WD and 2WD, the 4WD wiring (eg for axle engagement, 4WD problem light) just won't be there and won't cause a problem with the new instrument cluster.

Thanks mate

A wrecker I spoke to said something about coding the new Cluster? that doesn't make sense.. it should just be a straight swap?

As far as I'm aware the clusters don't contain a code. The factory radio does. The instrument cluster contains the mileage of the car (but not the trip meters, that data is stored in the ECU).

The remote key's code is stored in the BCM. As far as I'm aware, the instrument cluster can be changed easily from one vehicle to another of the same model without any difficulty (and members here have done this in the past).

As far as I'm aware the clusters don't contain a code. The factory radio does. The instrument cluster contains the mileage of the car (but not the trip meters, that data is stored in the ECU).

The remote key's code is stored in the BCM. As far as I'm aware, the instrument cluster can be changed easily from one vehicle to another of the same model without any difficulty (and members here have done this in the past).

Thanks heaps, I've bit the bullet and bought it, worst case I will try and just salvage parts from it.

Good luck with it, let us know how it goes.

For anyone out there attempting a STX dash into a ST,

All works as expected except the traction control (car skidding) light and VDC light stay permanently lit.

Opening the cluster and a bit of black tape fixed this right up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back