replace intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omeoman

Reaction score
hi all, am about to replace my 2012 v6 intercooler. Has anyone done it by just removing the grill or does the bull bar have to come off?

I've only got the 4cyl, I remove the grille but not the bullbar. It's fiddly but not too difficult, I can't imagine your intercooler would be much larger. Usual precautions about dingin' the thing.

Sorry @Omeoman, i read this just after you posted and was going to reply with the same comment but recieved a long phone call. i think you should be right as long as you can loosen and remove the air in/out hosing

No, the ECU has no diagnostic connection to the intercooler. There's a pressure sensor on the intake path somewhere (I know where it is on the YD25, not sure on the V9X) but if that's left alone, there's no need to worry because the ECU won't have any idea it's been changed.

No, the ECU has no diagnostic connection to the intercooler. There's a pressure sensor on the intake path somewhere (I know where it is on the YD25, not sure on the V9X) but if that's left alone, there's no need to worry because the ECU won't have any idea it's been changed.
Ah. Ok thanks

So is this the pressure sensor you were referring to?

Attachments

• 20220709_130011.jpg
    20220709_130011.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
If that's the pressure sensor and it's mounted on the intercooler itself, that's quite different to mine. The YD25 has it on a hard pipe mounted to a bracket connected to the front radiator top cross-member and this means I can remove the intercooler without having to unplug anything at all. Handy when I need to clean it - they do fill with oil over time!

If that's the pressure sensor and it's mounted on the intercooler itself, that's quite different to mine. The YD25 has it on a hard pipe mounted to a bracket connected to the front radiator top cross-member and this means I can remove the intercooler without having to unplug anything at all. Handy when I need to clean it - they do fill with oil over time!
Interesting because my yd25 thai build 2010 has it on the bottom of intercooler drivers side

Latest posts

Back