Renewed d40 owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, Intro time.
I had a 2007 rx d40 that got flooded in february. Just bought a 2010 st-x with 309k kms on the old yd25.
Within a day I had a check engine light that referred to an egr sensor, cleared it and has not returned since.
Had some low power issues intermittently, sometimes felt like like turbo lagging, but generally more like fuel pressure failure.
I put in a new air filter and cleaned maf sensor, ran heaps better for a day. This morning I started like normal, then it "fueled out" (tank half full) and died - flattened battery trying to restart.
Replaced fuel filter, had an impossible time trying to pump fuel up, closer inspection revealed the rubber hand pump had a split over one of the end sleeves.
Sillicone tape and a hose clamp and viola!.... Fuel pumps up, rig starts and runs great.
Although fuel filter not so expensive and cant hurt to replace, I think it was sucking air from that crack this whole time.
Next will be see if the squeaking from belt is actually an altetnator pulley bearing, then renew all coolant hoses, block egr and upgrade timing chain.
Has done a lot of k's, but the old rig has been pretty well looked after.
Stoked d40 owner!

Latest posts

Back