removing air box

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulschuit81

Reaction score
is it just me or is the bolt holding the air box at the bottom a real prick to get to. I tried getting a ratchet ring spanner in there but just couldn't get it onto the bolt. I am trying to remove the pre filter baffles in order to give a bit more induction sound but am having a hard time getting this last bolt out. how have u guys done it?

From memory you just pull the shit out of the airbox, there is like a rubber gromet that sits around the bolt which is attached to the airbox.

is it just me or is the bolt holding the air box at the bottom a real prick to get to. I tried getting a ratchet ring spanner in there but just couldn't get it onto the bolt. I am trying to remove the pre filter baffles in order to give a bit more induction sound but am having a hard time getting this last bolt out. how have u guys done it?

Probably just have to use a socket mate, and as said just rubber grommets around bolts but from memory pulls straight out.

It's a rubber grommet. It can be seen at the bottom of the airbox in this photo that I took of mine, when I wrote this thread.

attachment.php

Have been through the thread Old Tony. So if I take out the easy to get to bolts I should be able to get the last one out by giving it a bit of persuasion ?

I know this is an old thread tony but roughly how long did it take you to pull apart and seal/put back together?

The entire job should take less than an hour.
Thanks Tony got it all done. Must not have sealed the pipe into the quarter panel properly. Got a bit cocky at Nolan's crossing. Lapped the Windscreen. No power after exiting. Managed to change the filter, dry out the airbox had a bit of water ontop. Must of been close to disaster.

Thanks Tony got it all done. Must not have sealed the pipe into the quarter panel properly. Got a bit cocky at Nolan's crossing. Lapped the Windscreen. No power after exiting. Managed to change the filter, dry out the airbox had a bit of water ontop. Must of been close to disaster.

Very lucky, by the sounds of it. Glad things weren't any worse!

Latest posts

Back