Remote locking problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Hardy

Reaction score
Hi Folks - At the time I bought my D22 in 2011 I had an after market remote locking installed. It functioned for a long time but recently it has caused problems. On some occasions when I unlock, the hazard lights flash and I have no starter motor. More recently I am locked in the car and have to dangle out the window with the key to unlock. I don't know where the unit is situated. I would just like to find the fuse so I can disconnect everything but again I don't know where the fuse is located.. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated Regards - Paul Hardy

different to your issue but i used to own 2007 ssangnon , going into lock down mode after i dropped my keys , i used to tuck the transponder back into place ,slide the battery in and out of the key(this reset the system, the key light used to dissapear off the dash) , this allowed me to start the car. Undo over a white towel , dont lose transponder

try replacing the battery in the hand piece, make sure transponder is sitting snug in its place, it may have shifted if you have dropped it,
I replaced the battery in the hand piece and checked for correct voltage. The responder is the receiver in the car - is that right. Where might it be situated. Thanks for the replies

transponder is in handpiece small black unit ,can fall out when you open , if its irregular shape it fits snug into irregulat spot if it turns on its side , or put it back in reverse direction , it may not work .did you start having problems after you changed battery.. some thing else to try is pull fuses one by one and do a visual. dont do continuity test with meter with fuse in place it can give you false reading.. If you had the unit installed,contact installer they may tell you where the fuse is.

transponder is in handpiece small black unit ,can fall out when you open , if its irregular shape it fits snug into irregulat spot if it turns on its side , or put it back in reverse direction , it may not work .did you start having problems after you changed battery.. some thing else to try is pull fuses one by one and do a visual. dont do continuity test with meter with fuse in place it can give you false reading.. If you had the unit installed,contact installer they may tell you where the fuse is.
Thanks Izzibri I'll look into both those issues later today

It's interesting. I stopped using the remote hand piece for a period of time and now I can lock the car with my key - get in without being locked out. It seems to be fixed providing I don't use the hand held remote. These complications happened previously and the complications emerged again when I attempted to use the hand held control. Anyway all good now . will only use the key in future. Thanks heaps for the input

Latest posts

Back