Remote Central Locking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a remote central locking kit off fleabay for $28, partner installed it within a couple of hours, everything activates off a solenoid in the drivers door. It doesn't flash the indicators, that will need some extra bits but I'm not worried about that. If you want some more info let me know & I'll put up a photo of the box it came in.

Hi Grumpy too, yes that is exactly what i thought too, but when I checked EVERY wire in the door loom (especially those to the lock/unlock switch), there was NO power wire to any of it, so i figured that it was all negative switching for anything there, including the window regulators! i ended up running 2 new wires through the loom and attached them to the Positive side of the central locking module, hardest part was passing the wires through the existing loom casing and grommets to the door! Groovy65, yes a cheap kit from them will do the trick, i have spare alarms and central locking kits from when i used to deal in Corvettes, so it was no real cost to me, but your way of thinking is spot on! ;)

Yeah getting into the door is a bit of a pain but finding that everything on these vehicles is a pain as to do a simple job you need to dismantle heaps more, the drivers door access would have been harder except I swapped hinges which made the access easier for speaker wires etc but to do hinges means removing the guard and panel in front of window etc.

Yeah, Grumpy too, totally agreee.....i simply used some panelbeaters trestles and undid my hinges to lay the door over, then using some fencing wire and silicone spray, pushed it through the loom, attached the wires with tape and pulled them trough! ;)

I wasn't that lucky with the hinges I changed, I removed the safety that stops the door opening too far and of course a gust of wind came up and creased the door when it swung past it's limit but pulled the dent out pretty well.
Had the door with no hinges on it just latched and taped in place on one I will be parting out to stop rain and have forgotten and dropped it on the ground four times, fortunately that door is still perfect but it's the wrong colour (black).

Latest posts

Back