Remote Central Locking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghosta

Reaction score
Ive just purchased a 2012 dual cab D22 and want to install a remote central locking kit.

The vehicle already has a genuine Nissan remote locking box labelled 28598 2y000au, but no remotes. The car yard who sold me the navara wont contact the previous owner to see if he still has the remotes, and nissan dealer advises replacement remotes are unavailable.

So its rip out the nissan box and install aftermarket kit. At least the drivers door will have an activator installed.

The plug going into the Nissan box is not any use for rewiring, voltages and resistance on all pins dont change when locking and unlocking so its hack into the vehicles wiring. There might be a central locking control box somewhere i cannot find any details on the net as to where it is and what it looks like for 2012 or thereabout models.

Its a shame there isnt a wiring diagram available for recent D22s, ive downloaded workshop manuals and bought an online cd and none of them cover later model d22s, and Gregories, haynes and ellery have all so far ignored the later d22s.

There are plenty of posts about wiring in older d22s but nothing later than 08 apart from fitting Nissan boxes " just plug in".

Any advice?

No replies.

Anyone know who i could contact in order to find out where the normal (not keyless) central locking module on a 2012 d22 dual cab is located..if anyone has found it it hasnt been posted anywhere on the net so far.....

get onto a good locksmith that does remote keys as i am sure if you have the main receiver box all you need are a couple of aftermarket remotes and the locksmith can program them. he should also have the after market remotes on hand. this is the same as if you did lose a remote all you do is get the locksmith to supply and program a new remote. forget genuine as there just too expensive.

get onto a good locksmith that does remote keys as i am sure if you have the main receiver box all you need are a couple of aftermarket remotes and the locksmith can program them. he should also have the after market remotes on hand. this is the same as if you did lose a remote all you do is get the locksmith to supply and program a new remote. forget genuine as there just too expensive.

Good suggestion. I rang the local locksmith and described the problem. He looked it up on the computer and said cant help, you will have to see your Nissan dealer. When i advised that the Nissan dealer is unable to supply new remotes (no stock), he said talk to autobarn!

Not sure if this guy is just a d***head.

Try a better Locksmith. they have un programmed remotes on hand all the time so when your in need of a remote in a hurry they should be able to supply and program a new remote for you.

Having tried several locksmiths who are only able to program nissan remotes which are unavailable, the Nissan remote control box has been removed and thrown in the trash.

As far as i can tell, a circuit diagram for 2008+ d22's are closely guarded by nissan and unasvailable.

Ive investigated the possibility of adding an afterrmarket remote module to trigger the exising central locking system. In any other car this is not difficult. In the Navara it seems impossible. The door drivers door key simply earths the trigger wire to unlock the vehicle and cuts the triggerr wire to lock. Using an afterrmarket remote module is not appropriate as the "relays" are not regular relays, when triggered they switch to a pole for a short period and flick back. Hence when connected up, unlocking using the remote will unlock the car and then lock it again as the "relay" flicks back.

The only possibility i see is to disconnect the existing central locking system and install an aftermarket kit, running new wires to each door. Not sure if existing door activators can be reused. A big job.

Im surprised someone on these forums hasnt attempted to do what i attempted to do, and reported it in a post.

Hope this saves someone time....on 2008+ d22 navaras a nissan aftermarket remote central locking kit is really the only viable option. It will cost a lot....ebay sellers have no stock at the moment so nissan dealer is the only option.

Having tried several locksmiths who are only able to program nissan remotes which are unavailable, the Nissan remote control box has been removed and thrown in the trash.

As far as i can tell, a circuit diagram for 2008+ d22's are closely guarded by nissan and unasvailable.

Ive investigated the possibility of adding an afterrmarket remote module to trigger the exising central locking system. In any other car this is not difficult. In the Navara it seems impossible. The door drivers door key simply earths the trigger wire to unlock the vehicle and cuts the triggerr wire to lock. Using an afterrmarket remote module is not appropriate as the "relays" are not regular relays, when triggered they switch to a pole for a short period and flick back. Hence when connected up, unlocking using the remote will unlock the car and then lock it again as the "relay" flicks back.

The only possibility i see is to disconnect the existing central locking system and install an aftermarket kit, running new wires to each door. Not sure if existing door activators can be reused. A big job.

Im surprised someone on these forums hasnt attempted to do what i attempted to do, and reported it in a post.

Hope this saves someone time....on 2008+ d22 navaras a nissan aftermarket remote central locking kit is really the only viable option. It will cost a lot....ebay sellers have no stock at the moment so nissan dealer is the only option.
I had a cyclops immobiliser and remote central locking kit fitted by nissan when I bought my 2010. All they did was fit an aftermarket actuator to the drivers door, when the remote unit triggers the actuator in the drivers door, that then sends a signal to the factory nissan module to lock or unlock the other doors. Works perfectly, you just have to run some new wiring into the door for the new actuator.

Better off just getting yourself an alarm fitted with remote opener.
I installed a Mongoose S60 and love it. You can fully program it to open without chirping, motion detector, it has a turbo timer if you want.
Way to go for only $300 fitted.

Remote

If you have a central door lock on the dash (my D40 does not sure about d22) just get an after market remote unit from eBay and wire it to that switch. Very simple job, I have done a couple. About $50 with remote controls.
Nick (kvs0)

Thanks for all the suggestions, unfortunately they dont help as, as I understand it, the navara lock is activated by the key which earths the circuit and activates a "normal"relay to unlock the doors. This is totally different from other cars where unlocking the car by key activates a "pulse" relay which gives power to the unlocking circuit for a short period ( just enough for the door activators to open) then returns to an open state where no current flows. On these systems it is simply to piggyback a jaycar or ebay central locking module toprovide a pulse of power from a pulse relay to the pulse relay in the cars factory central locking module when the remote button is pressed. Piggybacking the same module to the navara will unlock the doors when the pulse is present and then relock the doors when the pulse is finished (half a second later).

Obviously central locking experts have been able to get around this, and the nissan add on remote central locking module is one way.

How? Obviouly a normal relay. The downside to using a normal relay is that whenever the doors are unlocked the relay will be held in a closed state, which constantly consumes power albiet a small amount. Leaving such a car unlocked in the garage will eventually flatten the battery. Ignoring this, a 12 v remotely activated relay will provide a solution, and ive ordered one via ebay.

Will see how this goes, but may be the easiest solution as a complete rewire of the central locking system including disonnection of the existing central locking module seems to be the only other solution.

Last edited:
If you read the above, the way mine is setup was done by nissan. It is simply set up with an actuator to move the locking arm on the lock the same way it would with the key in the outside lock, locking and unlocking the rest of the doors. The mongoose system could be set up the same way. You could simply use a normal slave actuator to achieve it. You can still use the key or the lock on the inside as normal, or remote. Plus you can fit alarm or immobiliser, not just central locking...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ive worked out how a mongoose alarm or jaycar/ebay/repco central locking module can be used to work the Navaras central locking system.....a latching relay must be added. The pulse signal from the added module opens the circuit on the latching relay which STAYS OPEN when the pulse recieved stops- so the door stays unlocked and doesnt lock itself again as it does if the relay was absent.

An eureka moment! Surprised there has been no mention of including a latching relay in any posts ive read!

But the Navaras central locking system is so non standard its likely owners get a proffesional installer to rig up their system and are unaware a latching relay has been added. Or use the nissan add on module which has a latching relay inside the box!

I spliced unit Red wire into the Purple wire from main window switch plug for power, & unit black to Black wire of small plug near by for ground.

Hi all, just finished adding a Cyclops alarm with C/locking activation in it, was simple to add in, using the original c/locking module from Nissan, just have to add in 1 lock actuator to the drivers door and wire it up to the door switch so that it will lock/unlock the drivers door......if anyone would like info on which wires were tapped into to make it all work, I'd be more than happy to send you a diagram or explain it to you! ;) Everything in the Navara is so simple and accessible compared to other cars, have fitted numerous alarms to cars, this was by far the easiest I've ever done.....took only 4 1/2 hrs at a leisurely pace !

Hi BJ Navara, 2012 and doesn't have the remote locks??? Wow, so nothing has really changed since the earlier models then....is your's an STR???? Yes one was the same, but the key/lock is a bit dodgy and was getting to the point of needing to do this for that reason and also as I don't want to seem an asshole and not open the door for my wife when we go out! LOL :)

Hi BJ Navara, 2012 and doesn't have the remote locks??? Wow, so nothing has really changed since the earlier models then....is your's an STR???? Yes one was the same, but the key/lock is a bit dodgy and was getting to the point of needing to do this for that reason and also as I don't want to seem an asshole and not open the door for my wife when we go out! LOL :)
Have a 2011 that never had remote locking but two others here 2008 and 2009 had been fitted with aftermarket ones, the 2008 never had the remote button so after throwing it all in a box after stripping or partially stripping so far, had to go to a locksmiths for another key and left it with him, thanks for reminding me as better go and see if he could get a remote for it.
Don't need it as using the 2009 vehicle so will probably sell it.
Lol I must be an asshole never opened the door for the wife in almost 50 years that I can remember, gave her the keys so she could open hers today as the 2011 has a crook actuator on the passenger door.

There's an STR?

someone on a FB page posted this same question a few hours ago. many responses, but a Jaycar kit for $52 + a slave for the passenger doors seems to be the go.

I might be wrong but think you would only need a to put a solenoid on the drivers side which would act like using the key at least thats what the 2008 here had, didn't notice one on the other one when I changed the windows over but wires go out into the door.
Should be able to just send power to the line from the door key but obviously not or they wouldn't put the solenoid there, think theres a link here somewhere for the manual which has a wiring diagram.

Latest posts

Back