Refitting canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reece

Reaction score
Hi I have recently taking off my arb canopy off as I was leaking and has a few cracks on it.
Am I able to use normal fibreglass to repair cracks and do I need any special rubber to refit it and any silicone between canopy and tray.

First, check if it's fibreglass or polycarbonate. Have a look at the inside. If it's fibreglass you'll see a roughish surface, with clear signs of the fibreglass strands, in which case repair it with a fibreglass repair kit. I don't know what works for polycarbonate, although I image it would be a glue of some kind, preferably one that doesn't set rigidly. Perhaps ask a panel beater about this, as they must come across it a bit. If you try to repair a polycarbonate canopy with fibreglass you're only going to see new cracks forming, if you can even get it to bond well enough.

For refitting, check the condition of the existing rubber. If it's intact, just reuse it. If not, there are several options. If the damage is not too bad then you can probably get away with applying a bit of sikaflex or silicone at the damaged part. You could also contact ARB to see if they sell replacement rubber for your model. If none of those options works for you then try a more generic self-adhesive seal. Have a look here for example.

Back